All reviews room was clean waffle maker biscuits and gravy would stay again interstate lodging
Reviewed 11 November 2018 via mobile

Just came off the interstate looking for food and lodging. Glad to find this Travelodge, clean and economical with a sweet Mexican restaurant right next door. Carpet looked new in our room, bathroom was sparking clean and bed comfortable. Will definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Drew01573, General Manager at Travelodge by Wyndham Iowa City, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2018

Thank you for the wonderful feedback! I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you the next time you are in the area!

Reviewed 25 October 2018

This hotel is actually very convenient to get to off I-80, then to get to our daughter's housing but we had never stayer here because we were a little cautious due to some reviews. However, my niece made reservations here for the Homecoming game so I cancelled reservations elsewhere and switched to this Travelodge. Although the price increases on football weekends, that is the norm for any lodging and Travelodge is still more reasonable than many others. The hotel and our room were very clean and the staff was very nice. We had a room with two double beds (the room was large and would definitely fit 2 queens so that would have been much nicer) and one of the beds sagged in the middle. We told the manager the next morning who apologized and said they would replace the mattress. The mattress didn't actually get replaced but they did send maintenance who improved the boards on the frame which made the mattress firm. The mattress on the other bed was very comfortable. We also informed the desk at checkout that the shower curtain rod needed to be tightened because the shower curtain wouldn't close completely because of the drooping rod. But compared to what we would have paid elsewhere, we were very happy with our stay at this hotel and would stay here again. The surrounding area is not sketchy at all and, as mentioned before, it is easy to get to this site, and our room was very clean and big.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for the great feedback! I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that we were able to fix the issue you encountered with your bed. We strive to provide all of our guests with the best customer service and accommodations as possible. I hope that you will choose to stay with us again if you are in the area.

Reviewed 20 October 2018 via mobile

Nice, clean, easy to get to from the interstate. Nice staff, clean room with comfortable bed. Fairly quiet area. Parking with truck and trailer was not a problem. Will keep on my list of places to stay when in the area.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 17 October 2018

My husband and I were very happy with our stay. The staff was friendly, the room was clean, and the price was reasonable. Our girls enjoyed the indoor pool. We anticipate future trips to Iowa City. We have no need to look for another hotel as we will return to this one!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback! I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and hope that you will continue to make Travelodge your "Home away from home"!

Reviewed 3 October 2018

The service was absolutely great from check in to check out the restaurant attached to it was great Mexican food however the cleanliness of the room definitely was lackluster. There was pubic hair in my bath tub. I didn't complain because it was already midnight.

Date of stay: September 2018
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Drew01573, General Manager at Travelodge by Wyndham Iowa City, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2018

I am so sorry to hear about your stay. I really wish you would've let us know what happened, so we could've made it right for you. We strive to provide all of our guests with the best customer service and accommodations available. I hope that you will try us again, the next time you are in the area.