This hotel is fine. It's decently priced ($85 for a 1 king bed, 2 people, no discounts besides AAA), clean, and perfectly comfortable. The continental breakfast (included) had a satisfactory selection, and the breakfast room was comfortable. The free wireless internet and large selection of TV channels were good.
The property itself could use a facelift; it's looking a bit worn-down. It's not gross or scary, though. The decor was kind of dated.
We stayed here because our power went out and it was the closest hotel to our house. The front desk person was very friendly and helpful, even late at night when we checked in with no reservation.
It's not a special destination by any means, but it's a reasonable choice if you're looking for something clean, safe, and convenient.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located off Interstate 80, the Clarion Hotel® Highlander Conference Center hotel is less than four miles from the University of Iowa. Local points of interest like the Carver-Hawkeye Arena multipurpose venue, the North Dodge Athletic Club and Amana Colonies National Historic Landmark are all just minutes away from this Iowa City, IA hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Choice Hotels, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Clarion Highlander Hotel and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clarion Highlander Hotel Iowa City
- Quality Inn Iowa City
- Iowa City Quality Inn
- Clarion Highlander Hotel And Conference Center Iowa City