“Excellent service”

Clarion Highlander Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Iowa City
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I attended the wedding, and it was perfect place to celebrate an auspicious occasion. Staff was just really efficient. I would definitely recommend this hotel anyone around this area. Nice shuttle service.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Parth D, General Manager at Clarion Highlander Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear Pratik A,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.. We were delighted to hear from you.

Behalf of the Clarion Highlander Hotel, I thank you. Our staff are very happy to hear that you enjoyed the service you received and enjoyed attending a wedding at our hotel.

We look forward to having you visit us again.

There are newer reviews for Clarion Highlander Hotel and Conference Center

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I stayed one night with a friend and it was a great experience! I would highly recommend anyone stay here - the staff is very friendly, the location is perfect, and the quality is outstanding. I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Hello Krishna A.

We really appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. On behalf of the all the staff at the Clarion Highlander Hotel, Thank you!

We were delighted to have you stay at our hotel, and glad to know that you and your friend enjoyed your experience. We are eager to host you again during your next trip to Iowa City.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

We had two nonsmoking rooms, they both reeked of smoke (poorly masked by deodorizers).

The internet was so slow, I could complete a speed test.

The hotel needs to be updated. Surprised Clarion lends it's name to it.

Restaurant not great.

• Stayed: July 2014
Parth D, General Manager at Clarion Highlander Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry to hear about your experience at the our Hotel.

We are working on making improvements to our hotel. We aim to give an excellent experience to to every guest.

On your next trip to Iowa city, please reach out to me directly, and i will personally arrange your accommodation, and ensure you have a superior experience. My email address is pdholakia@globalvisionhotels.com

Parth

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel in may. I left a library book in the room and then called the next day. I believe that I spoke to the front desk manager who had the book. I told him that I would be by a few days later to pick it up. When I returned to the hotel a few days later after driving late at night and out of my way to return, they did not have the book. I left my contact number and never received a call. I realize that a library book is not a big deal but it makes me wonder what would happen if a customer actually lost something valuable.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Parth D, General Manager at Clarion Highlander Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

I am so sorry to hear about your lost book. We have a lost and found log where we record all lost and found items. Once guests claim the Item, we offer the option to ship to the guest or have it available for pick up.

Please contact me at pdholakia@globalvisionhotels regarding your book. I will work with my Front Desk manager to investigate your lost item.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

This was a wonderful stay for 5. The rooms are extremely roomy. Our room overlooked the pool area. Nice to have a small patio area to sit on and watch the kids swim. The pool area was very large with plenty of area around it to walk and socialize (didn't get overly loud). The staff was very nice and accomodating. Great place to stay when staying with a large group.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Parth D, General Manager at Clarion Highlander Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Hello,

Thank you so much for your feedback. we were delighted to host you. You are absolutely right. Our poolside rooms are very popular for large families and groups. It makes for a great social atmosphere.

We would be delighted to host you again.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Thank you! Very nice facilities and friendly staff. Pool was clean though I didn't have time to jump in, but my friend's kid loved it and I was glad to have a room with a balcony to watch her. Thank you again.

• Stayed: June 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your feedback. We were delighted to have you stay with us. It gives us pleasure to know you enjoyed your stay.

We would love to host you again.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

While the hotel facilities were very good and the pool excellent the entire experience was ruined by two things.

1. We went to the Great Grains restaurant at the suggestion of the desk clerk. While waiting 40 minutes for our meal (there was only one other couple ahead of us), we were subjected to the worst loud voices and profanity (f-bombs and cursing) by three men at the bar.

It shouldn't take 40 minutes to cook and deliver a meal. If the kitchen is short-staffed, then hire another cook. No one should have to be subjected to such insensitive, rude, boorish behavior while waiting for their meals.

2. Although our room was in back of hotel away from traffic noise, we were subjected to noisy children running up and down the hallways and shrieking. I opened door once and told them to either play outside or go to their rooms. At 9:30pm, I called the front desk to complain; at 10:15, the children were still running up and down the hallways.

After having driven all day and expecting to drive all day the following day, we wanted to SLEEP! We had been traveling for 12 days and this was the worst night we spent anywhere.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Parth D, General Manager at Clarion Highlander Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. I would like to apologize about your experience. Even though you may have enjoyed our hotel, a couple of things went wrong that ruined your stay.

I can understand how annoying it can be to have noise from the hallways disturbing you late into the evening. Also, 40 minutes to wait for your meal is excessive. We will be taking the appropriate action to make sure that we can work on our service speed in the restaurant.

We hope that you will give us another chance to give you a superior experience.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Iowa City
Sheraton Iowa City Hotel
Sheraton Iowa City Hotel
#2 of 7 in Iowa City
Baymont Inn & Suites Iowa City / Coralville
hotelVetro: studio suites & convention center
Iowa House Hotel
Iowa House Hotel
#6 of 7 in Iowa City

Been to Clarion Highlander Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!