Graduate Iowa City(Iowa City)
US$150
US$178
US$68
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$147
Brown Street Inn(Iowa City)
Book now, pay at stay
US$140
Hotels.com
Iowa House Hotel(Iowa City)
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsnice poolwafflesroom was cleanbiscuits and gravyoff the highwayfront desk staffexercise roomhot breakfastwould stay here againconvenient locationreclinercerealwhirlpool
Reviewed 12 September 2014

I just stayed at this hotel for a quick over night on a business trip to the area, on my supervisors recommendation. The hotel looked clean, nice sized pool area, but when I checked into my room the room must be one that hasn't been remodeled at all - the door would have to be slammed shut to have the door close otherwise it would stay slightly open. The next thing I noticed was there were ants on the bedside table - at first just one so I killed that one, then I saw a few more. And its not like the room cost me $65 I paid more than that so I would expect something more when I can go down the road and pay the same price for a more updated room. I will not be staying here again.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank hethrlynn
Parth D, General Manager at Clarion Highlander Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2014

Thank you for you review. We are sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay. We maintain a high standard for cleanliness and will make sure that the appropriate pest control is done to remove any ants form the hotel.

Reviewed 8 September 2014

I stayed at the clarion for one night after attending a wedding reception that was held in the hotel conference area. The hotel was spacious and seemed like a great place for a reception. The room was clean and matched the pictures from the website. The pillows on the bed seemed smaller than average, although they were still comfortable. In the night, I woke up because the room seemed really hot. I checked the AC and noticed that the fan had seemed to stop. The temperature was set on 72 and would not seem to turn back on until we placed the setting on 65. I don't think the unit was broke, but it did seem a little strange that it suddenly stopped working. The lock on the door was broke, which was minor. The room was clean and quiet; after we got the AC back working, it was a peaceful night. I didn't get a chance to check out the pool area or the continental breakfast. I do think it was slightly over-priced. I stayed at a more updated hotel in downtown Des Moines for the same price as this hotel. It wasn't lacking but also wasn't over the top.

• Stayed: September 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad to know you enjoyed the wedding reception in our Piper's Ballroom. You are right, it is a wonderful room to have a wedding reception. Sorry to hear about the AC and the the door lock in your room. We will make sure that the guest room AC units are working as designed.

We hope to host your again.

Reviewed 4 September 2014

The room I was given was a bad experience from the start. The lock on the door was broken. You had to play with it to get it to open and the wood on the door was broken where the dead bolt was located. Once inside the room reeked of cigarette smoke. The patio doors were secured by what looked like a drapery rod. Outside the patio door was piles of cigarette butts. The mattresses were terrible. You could feel the springs pushing thru. Needless to say my daughter and I left the hotel quickly. It may be okay for the truck drivers that were there but not for us.

Room Tip: Stop at exit 242 and stay there. Plenty of nice hotels
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ofantino
Parth D, General Manager at Clarion Highlander Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so sorry to hear about your experience and impression of our hotel. We will make sure that cleanliness and maintenance issues you had are addressed.

We hope that you will give us another chance and stay with us in the future.

Regards,

Reviewed 31 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here night before Iowa football game. I haven't stayed here in 8 years. The pool was great. Kids had a blast in it. Room spacious and comfotable. Breakfast was good too. It's free so cannot complain! We ate ate the restaurant on site on Friday night. The food and service was EXCELLENT! Check in was great. The general manager was checking us in and he was wonderful....answered all our questions and made us feel very welcome. The other lady working front desk was friendly and welcoming as well. All employees were great at this hotel. I will recommend this place. Thank you for the great stay!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Robert M.

Thank you so much for your review and recognizing all aspects of the hotel. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with is during your visit for the football game. It is great that you were able to take advantage of our restaurant and Pool area. it was a pleasure to welcome you to our hotel and we look forward to hosting you again soon!

Reviewed 25 August 2014

stayed sat night on coralville mall shopping trip, Close to interstate but kind of hard to find as it is on a service road, look for little Clarion signs and follow them. Stayed on 1st floor with pool access. nice large pool and big hot tub. Large area around pool to congregate with patio tables and chairs with workout room off to side. Website says there is a poolside bar, not true has been closed for a while. There is a bar and restaurant on site.. No changing room or poolside shower or poolside bathroom.Hotel is a little outdated but has decent breakfast, great helpful staff, and was clean. beds were too firm for our taste. Nice large bathroom in room.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed our pool and hot tub area. It is definitely a popular place in the summertime. We will make sure that the website gets updated with accurate information. We recently renovated our new restaurant Against the Grain.

We hope to host you again soon.