“For our honeymoon.”

Alexis Park Inn & Suites
Ranked #6 of 7 Iowa City B&B and Inns
“For our honeymoon.”
Reviewed 16 March 2013

My newly wedded husband and I stayed here for our wedding night and the weekend. We had a one bed whirlpool. The mustang suite I do believe. We got there at about 10 pm, we are from out of town, and had to wait probably 20 minutes just to get a room, playing phone tag with the on call manager. Was a little disappointed in the wait but it was the woman's first night. The room was spectacular, although when we came back from our day out on Saturday I was disappointed that we had not had any room service. It was very peaceful and quiet which I thoroughly enjoyed, along with the whirlpool. We weren't disturbed at all. We didn't know that they even offered breakfast, and we searched the building we were in for vending machines for a late night snack, to no avail. Overall our stay was pleasant. Not to far from the places we wanted to travel to while on our honeymoon. I just wish we were more informed of the accommodations that they offered.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank whitneerk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Boone
Reviewed 25 January 2013

My son got married last October and his new bride, her family, photographer, wedding party, and me and my husband and our family all stayed there and really enjoyed the beautiful rooms!! It was at a really good price. We locked in rooms for other people to stay in also. The breakfast was great and close to some restaurants also. All in all everyone was so pleased with the gorgeous place! Thanks to Alexis Park staff also for keeping our room so clean! GREAT PLACE TO STAY and also for the newlyweds who had an awesome room!!!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Burlington, IA
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Recently spent an overnite here with a group. My room- a 2qb with whirlpool, was ok- very comfortable newer bed with nice sheets. Otherwise my room was in need of updating- grungy carpet and average furnishings. Micro/Refrig is a nice touch but be warned- the soda and water in the fridge are NOT complimentary...a $1.50 charge is added if you consume them! Seriously? Ouch! Part of our group had one of the townhouses- now that was exceptionally nice and freshly remodeled. A townhouse would be very good for longer stays. Overall it seems the owners are working to remodel the rooms, the included breakfast was basic but adequate, cleanliness was average, and staff was friendly. One big reason to stay here....rates are a good $25-$50 lower than the chain hotels.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side face the airport- it can be noisy but not during late night/early morning hou...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank readittoday
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed 18 January 2013

My family checked out the room after one year stay at the end of last year. We really enjoyed staying with a full-furnished room and all utilties included. We also appreciate all the hospitality and friendship that the personnel gave us. We did try to keep the room as clean as possible. The inspection list, however, made us overwhelmed because it required to clean all the possible things such as cleaning inside and outside of window glasses, washing all walls with wet rags, cleaning all airvents, cleaning tile area underneath the stove, cleaning window blinds, cleaning toilet(inside bowl and entire outside), sweeping/vacuuming balcony floor and so on. We cleaned all things by following what the list required. Jenny(manager) did the inspection carefully and in detail. She did it in a friendly and courteous manner, though. We should not have worried about it so much. I do suggest the landlord to reduce the inspection list in order not to confuse/overwhelm possible tennants. Recently I got my deposit back fully except $100 for cleaning the carpet, which I agreed when I made a contract. We do not think that this place is the best in Iowa City. We, however, are sure that it is the best here considering the rent, environment, facility, contract condition, personnel and so on. I am willing to recommend this place to anybody, especially who wants to stay in a frugal and economical manner.

Room Tip: Please ask the landlord to show you the inspection list before agreeing the contract. Do inspect the...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank roberto38020
Johnston, Iowa
Reviewed 1 January 2013

Stayed in Suite 302 this New Years Eve - perfect night! Great little perks, like an easy entrance with 100% close parking, laundry in the hall, and an amazing room for less than the huge chain hotel up the street! Made a reservation online through the site and got immediate confirmation, descriptions were clear, and the room surpassed expectations. Even the 2 am post-bar traffic on the stairs didn't bother us at night. Parking right by doors on first floors, comfortable building far enough from the bulk of the city, and a room that showed the owners have reinvested in the best for their guests!

Skip the Marriot - go here instead! Local owners, hometown charm, no sacrificing!

Room Tip: First floor has parking right outside the door to your individual room. Lobby is in a separate build...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Columbia, Missouri
Reviewed 17 November 2012

I visit Iowa city several times each year and always stay at this hotel.

I have found the hotel to be clean, outstanding staff, in room mini kitchen, a good

breakfast and I like the location which is within walking distance of downtown or public

transportation is across the street.

It has always been quiet during my visit's and that is important to me.

I have been very satisfied with my visit's at the hotel.

Room Tip: Call the hotel and make your reservation instead of on line and save some money.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Osaka, Japan
Reviewed 15 November 2012

I stayed in Alexis Park Inn for three weeks by extended stay rate. For some reasons, they moved me three times and upgraded me in the end too. It is very close to my work place near the down town and university. I can go to the down town and university by walk so it is convenient in my case. The room is great and clean. Space is huge for me. People are nice. And mailing address is provided, so it is great to do some on-line shopping.

Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
alexis2009, Manager at Alexis Park Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
We did informed Guest of the room move before Guest made the reservation and Guest was okay with the switch. Guest booked for 3 weeks but his room was already being reserved by someone else for one weekend during his stay. We have a large variety of rooms and there's no other of the same room type to put the other guests in so we had to move Guest to a different room type.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Iowa City
Baymont Inn & Suites Iowa City / Coralville
Iowa House Hotel
Iowa House Hotel
#5 of 6 in Iowa City
hotelVetro: studio suites & convention center
Homewood Suites by Hilton Coralville - Iowa River Landing

Been to Alexis Park Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!