“Sunday Visit”

Museum of Natural History
Ranked #6 of 26 things to do in Iowa City
More attraction details
Owner description: Explore our world at the University of Iowa Museum of Natural History- Iowa’s gateway to the global environment for over 150 years. Walk through 500 million years of our natural and cultural heritage, culminating in the landscape we see today and how it affects the story of agriculture. Discover the adaptation and diversity of birds and mammals around the planet.
Iowa City, Iowa
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Sunday Visit”
Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

Took my wife and daughter had a wonderful time we will be going back very soon. We just loved the birds.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank cardinalkid1974

• Korean first
Muscatine, Iowa
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“A Place to Kill Time!”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I originally took the kids I babysit during the summer here just to kill time. There is no parking available on site, however you can park on a street nearby for up to 5 hours with a parking meter which was a fair deal. I was afraid the kids would be bored, but I was pleasantly surprised. They spent so much time looking at all the animal displays, and the older one even enjoyed reading all the plaques. It is right in the middle of downtown Iowa City and a fun way to spend a summer day.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Kelly D
“Always magical!”
Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had our first date here. A year and a half later, he proposed to me in front of the hummingbird display. The bird island simulation is lovely. A bit of the old world on a campus that's constantly trying to be on the cutting edge.

Visited June 2013
Iowa City, IA, USA
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Amazing Surprise”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

The museum of Natural History on the University of Iowa Campus is an amazing surprise. Although small it has a quality collection that is exceptionally well displayed.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank J E
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“An Old Favorite.”
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Been going there since my childhood. Took my kids there, and now the grandkids. Small, and quaint; but the kids really like it.