“Comfort in cul-de-sac”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Iowa City
A Bella Vista Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 7 Iowa City B&B and Inns
Talkeetna, Alaska
“Comfort in cul-de-sac”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2012

A Bella Vista B&B is in a great location, nice neighborhood, in cul-de-sac. Comfortable main floor room with two beds, big roomy bathroom, lots of travel photos taken by gracious hostess Daissy. Would definitely recommend to anyone who enjoys staying at a B&B.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Charleston, West Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2012

My husband and I stopped in Iowa City to visit friends after a Labor Day visit with our daughter in Denver. We were pretty tired and it was hot! A Bella Vista was the perfect antidote for worn out travelers.....comfortable and Daissy was wonderfully welcoming. Daissy, who is from Colombia, has travelled the world. The artifacts from her travels (the bed in the first floor room is amazing!) are displayed throughout the house with style and wit along with books and mementos. It could have been overwhelming and overly full of 'chatchkas', but it wasn't. Daissy was also helpful about where to eat dinner and made reservations for us. Since we were meeting friends in Swisher, Iowa, for breakfast, we missed Daissy's breakfast, but I expect it was wonderful.

Room Tip: We had trouble with stairs so were able to have a room on the first floor...pricier than others, I t...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2012

My husband, 15 year old daughter, and I had the good fortune to spend the night and experience the graciously hospitality of the owner, Daissy. She is a beautiful adventursome lady who has mastered the art of providing a bed and breakfast that makes one feel right at home. The home sets on a quiet wooded cul de sac overlooking the river and boasts a lovely front porch and deck in the back of the home. Hummingbirds were buzzing about and many birds were singing their songs. The interior is gorgeous with character and displays personal photos that Daissy has collected from around the globe. Breakfast was delicious and coffee was plentiful! It certainly was a welcomed treat after moving our older daughter into college. We plan to stay again in November when we attend the University of Iowa vs. Purdue football game. Thank you Daissy for your kindness and open heart!

Room Tip: The back room we stayed in had direct access to the deck in the back overlooking the river. Parking...
Reno, Nevada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2012

My mom and I stayed here on a spur-of-the-moment for a little getaway. The location of the house is great, and cozy, and the house itself is very homey. The host, Daissy, was very polite and welcoming, and takes great pride in it. She was very flexible with our plans and made us some very nice breakfasts, even accommodating my vegan diet. However, I was disappointed in the price for the value; our room was small, and dated, and we had to use a shared bathroom in the hallway. This did give a discount from the other rooms in the house with private baths, but I think the price could have gone down by about $30/night. Other than that, the house was mostly clean, and if you're into the bed & breakfast thing, it could be worth a try.

Evanston, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2012

We stayed at this unique B&B in mid August, just before the University was to open. Daissy is great—full of stories of her travels and her life and friends, generous with advice and ready to call a friend of a restaurant for you if more information is needed. The house is lovely and the location quiet and residential, but still very close to downtown and the University.
We ended up with two spacious rooms, each with private bath, for us and our two teenagers. We were asked our preferred breakfast time, beverages, and dietary restrictions, and the result was great, with wonderful coffee!

Overall, it was a bit expensive because of our two rooms, but was worth it. Making a reservation was a bit of a challenge, and Daissy could make this easier and a little less stressful, but it was worth it once we got there. Now I feel I have a friend to stay with in Iowa City and I want to go back because the town is interesting and Bella Vista is a great place to stay.

Colchester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2012

My husband and I stayed at A Bella Vista B&B in early August as we were passing through Iowa. It is in a nice quiet location near a university and only a few blocks from restaurants and shops. Our room was quiet, comfortable and spacious with an eclectic decor from the owner's travels. Breakfast was delicious and there is a very welcoming atmosphere. I would definitely stay here if were in Iowa City again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2012

I found this place on my GPS and i was a bit skeptical, but the lady was so nice and friendly I had a pleasant stay. The house is clean and beautiful, the breakfast she gives you in the morning is to die for! I will definitely go back!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Iowa City
Hampton Inn Iowa City/University Area
Sheraton Iowa City Hotel
Sheraton Iowa City Hotel
#2 of 6 in Iowa City
Homewood Suites by Hilton Coralville - Iowa River Landing
hotelVetro: studio suites & convention center
Baymont Inn & Suites Iowa City / Coralville
Iowa House Hotel
Iowa House Hotel
#4 of 6 in Iowa City

Been to A Bella Vista Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!