“More than a B&B -- a destination”
Review of Brown Street Inn

Brown Street Inn
Ranked #1 of 7 Iowa City B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 May 2007

We've just returned from our second happy stay with Mark and Bob. Our time at the Brown Street Inn is one of the things we especially look forward to on visits to family in Iowa City. They're perfect innkeepers -- warm, helpful, thoughtful, funny, knowledgeable, but not at all intrusive. And they attract interesting guests; in addition to great food, we've had some very interesting conversations around their table. And yes, the Inn is lovely, clean, attractively decorated, within walking distance to town, with inviting public spaces inside and out. We're looking forward to our next visit.

Stayed: May 2007
1  Thank jalrose1

Reviewed 17 May 2007

Pleasant, can-do co-owners, crisp and comfortable accommodations and delicious breakfasts made my short stay in Iowa City a happy and memorable one. A truly wonderful stay at this B&B.

Stayed: April 2007
1  Thank madawaska2
Reviewed 11 February 2007

I spent a night at the Brown Street Inn while in Iowa City on business and am definitely glad I did! The inn is a beautifully restored historic home in a quiet residential neighborhood, but just minutes from downtown. The very friendly innkeeper Mark met me at the door and helped me up the stairs with my luggage. Mark also offered to have breakfast ready for me a few minutes early so I could eat before rushing off for my meetings. And breakfast was wonderful ... warm frittata, fresh fruit, scones, juice, and tea. I only wish that I could have lingered a few more minutes to enjoy it all. I will definitely stay here again when I return to Iowa City!

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled on business