“Lots of options, lots of style”
Review of Bandit Burrito

Bandit Burrito
Ranked #10 of 45 Restaurants in Johnston
Price range: US$9 - US$12
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Visit us at Bandit Burrito, located just two blocks north of I-80 on Merle Hay Road, in Johnston. Your taste buds will thank you! Over 35 items for you to custom build the best burrito of your life! All salsas, meats, and other burrito fillings are made in-house on a daily basis. Also on the menu are quesadillas, salads and a version of nachos that will knock the socks off any nacho lover.
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My wife and I discovered this burrito place on our way through Des Moines the day after our wedding, and it has been a favorite ever since. There are a ton of options, even different types of tortillas including roasted red pepper or spinach, or different flavors of sour cream. These and other filling options set it apart from your franchise burrito places. And if you aren't completely stuffed by the time you finish your burrito, the cocoa puffs rice crispy treats are a tasty dessert.

1  Thank WinduSux

Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

Stopped here while passing through town. It reminds me a lot of Freebirds burritos, which you can find in Texas and some other states. Kind of like Chipotle, except there are way more options for tortillas, fillings, and burrito sizes. I really liked Bandit's wild rice option, it added a great nutty flavor to the burrito. The spinach tortilla was also great - many spinach tortillas are green colored but fairly flavorless. Bandit burrito's spinach tortilla had a strong enough flavor that I could taste it alongside the other burrito ingredients. I'd definitely stop here again if I come through.

1  Thank somamoons
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I stopped in for lunch one day during work. The line was kind of long and I was initially intimidated about how long it would take. It was no big deal! They run a tight ship and had me in and out in no time. I ordered a burrito with chicken and guacamole (among many other toppings). Apparently I was given what was left of the prepared chicken and the person fixing my burrito didn't think I'd received enough so he gave me the guac for free! Usually you get what you pay for but I got all that and then some. Everthing was delicious and I didn't feel like I got cheated on any toppings because the entire thing proved filling for my weekday meal.

Reviewed 23 May 2013

I wondered why my wife would think about Mexican food while traveling thru Iowa on the way home to Austin, Texas...... But we tried it and were pleasantly surprised. We were welcome by 4 people at the counter, extremely friendly and helpful. The idea is very much like Freebirds in Austin and just as good. A very large burrito that may be two meals for some but was perfect for me. Super kudos to the staff on 5/20/2013 ...... Next time thru we will likely stop again.

Reviewed 6 May 2013 via mobile

You get to choose the toppings on your made to order mexican food. The garlic lime sour cream was a great addition to my quesadilla with shredded beef. Fast and easy.