“Very Nice”

TownePlace Suites Des Moines Urbandale
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Johnston
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Found this location on-line with a good rate. Very clean and quite. Our room had 2 Queen beds, two nice chairs, a table to seat five, a kitchenette with frig, stove top, microwave and dishwasher. The hotel staff was good, the pool, excercise and breakfast areas were well kept. This location was convenient to where we needed to go. Places to eat and gas were very close by. Two thumbs up!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
GEM-AlexMackey, Manager at TownePlace Suites Des Moines Urbandale, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Dear Martin K,
Thank you for giving us feedback on your stay at Towne Place Suites. We are happy that you and your family enjoyed our spacious rooms. And a big two thumbs up back to you for choosing us!!

Reviewed 22 October 2013

We stayed here this past weekend as we had a family dinner in Cedar Rapids and didn't want to do a 6 hour drive twice in the same day. Very friendly front desk help and met our request for first floor room even though it was handicap accessible - not a big deal for us. Very clean and spacious room. Close to several places to eat and easy access from the interstate. Breakfast could use a little variety, but found something to make due with. Would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Thundrdawg,
Thank you for providing us feedback on you stay. We are very excited that you enjoyed your experience at The Towne Place & Suites. We would love to see you again on your next Des Moines area visit!

Reviewed 22 September 2013

After driving from Michigan to Des Moines in a straight shot and having a few stops in between, it was about 1:30pm and we'd been on the road since 6pm--I just wanted to sleep. Check-in isn't until 3pm. I decided to try anyway. They had a room on the main floor ready. I wasn't in a position to be picky, so we took it. It was a room that didn't share a wall with any other room and even being by the alternate entrance, still was a very quiet room. The continental breakfast is one of the best I've had (you can make waffles!) and the staff was always nice and helpful. (Thanks for the wrench so I could fix my taillight!). When staying in Des Moines, I stay here. It's clean, convenient and affordable.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the waffles, they are definately a guest favorite! Also glad that we could assist you in fixing your headlight. Thank you for choosing us on your Des Moines vists. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

The hotel was very modern and clean- probably no more than 3 to 4 years old. It is right of I-80/35 close to a variety of restaurants. We had two rooms, a Studio with a King Bed with sofabed and a studio with two Queen beds. The rooms were clean, modern and well appointed. The Studio with the King Bed w/ sofabed was pretty small though- when you pull out the sofabed there was only a very small space between the end of the King Bed and the end of the sofabed. The Studio with two Queens was much larger and also featured a good sized table with four chairs. The kitchen area is in the entryway to the room and is small but includes a fridge, microwave, stovetop and dishwasher. Nice free breakfast- although the only hot items are self made waffles and toast. Very pleased with this hotel and would stay again.

Room Tip: When booking a studio stuite, unless you absolutely need a king bed- go for the studio with two quee...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
GEM-AlexMackey, Guest Relations Manager at TownePlace Suites Des Moines Urbandale, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

We greatly appreciate all the feedback we receive and it helps us to learn about what we need to improve on and what we are already doing well. It's so nice when guest's reach out to us and express how they felt about our hotel. We value your feedback and look forward to a future visit from you!!

Reviewed 31 August 2013

Stayed here so I could attend a Women of Faith conference. Great room for 3 people; we each had our own bedroom and one person slept on the comfortable sleeper sofa. Very good breakfast; breakfast room was crowded, so we were thankful to have a nice table in our suite where we could eat breakfast together. Very helpful staff and great management; manager took care of a concern I had. :D

Room Tip: We used a 2 bedroom suite, which was in the corner. I am a light sleeper, so I LOVED this setup!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

It warms my heart knowing you had such an amazing stay here with us. That might sound a little hokey but I love what I do and when I read reviews such as yours it just reminds me why I love coming to work everyday. It shows me that we are doing what we are here to do and that's turning a possible trivial night of staying in a hotel, into a magical evening that completes the entire journey!!

Reviewed 30 July 2013

We needed a stopover on our way. The TownPlace Suites was perfect. I needed to change my reservation and they did this over the phone with no problems and sent me email. Even though the hotel was very busy with a national softball tournament, the staff treated us like their special guest.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor which was easy to get to all the hotel activities (pool, food, door).
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! I'm so glad we were able to make your stay so wonderful. Don't hesitate to come see us again soon. We'll make sure you're well taken care of!

Reviewed 15 July 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night on my drive home from vacation in Colorado.

The hotel was very nice and very clean. There are plenty of restaurants surrounding the hotel (Texas Roadhouse, Village Inn, etc.). The staff were very nice and welcoming. The room was very large and well appointed. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo

Thank you so much for the perfect review! It means a lot to me that our hotel is able to make someone's traveling a little bit better. We hope to see you again at our hotel!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Johnston
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Urbandale/Des Moines
Stoney Creek Hotel and Conference Center - Des Moines
Hilton Garden Inn Des Moines/Urbandale
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Des Moines Urbandale
2 mi away
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Johnston
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Urbandale

Been to TownePlace Suites Des Moines Urbandale? Share your experiences!