Dutch Country Inn
US$170
US$152
US$123
Priceline
All reviewscinnamon rollssmall towniowa citythey let us check in earlydutch countryvisiting family in the areabeautiful landscapelocal bakeryawesome hotela wonderful staystay there againnice roomrooms are cleanstaff was very friendlyamishmotellobby
Reviewed 27 August 2012

We've stayed here several times when visiting family in the area. The rooms are always very clean, and the service is friendly. Breakfast isn't great, and the motel isn't fancy, but it's certainly worth the price.

Room Tip: Even though there's no elevator, we always ask for an upstairs room, so we're not so close to the parking lot and street noise.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Marilyn P
Reviewed 9 July 2012

We travel through Iowa every year on our way to Oshkosh, WI. and make a point to stay at this motel at least one way if not both coming and going. It is well maintained and comfortable and well worth the price. Staff are friendly and helpful. Kalona is a lovely place to spend a little time with it's mix of shops downtown as well as Amish owned businesses around the area. The community is diverse and welcoming.

Room Tip: We like the upstairs rooms in the new addition. Clean and quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank meredithk231
Reviewed 21 June 2012

I would keep driving to Iowa city for cheaper rates and friendlier people. The shower was not great. After driving all day I would like a nice shower - the knob broke off into the tub - either HOT or COLD water nothing warm because I could not turn the knob. The next morning during check out I was not allowed to go back to my room to even get my phone because I had a dog with me. I just feel the service could have been better. For the free WiFi you need a password which I didn't get and by the time I got back to my room it was too late to call and get it. I think it is worth the farther drive a bit to Iowa City and more selection of hotels - maybe and hopefully with better coffee. Plus for not allowing pets there was pet food on the floor of our room and trash under the beds.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank AlthaeaRose
Reviewed 12 May 2011

The staff were so helpful and went the extra mile to make sure we had a wonderful stay.As part of a group of 27 ladies ,who had travelled through storms and pouring rain, we were greeted with hot cups of tea, coffee,and cakes ,and a friendly smile. Kalona is a real hidden gem,full of history and delightful people and interesting shops.

• Stayed: April 2011
4  Thank quilter48
Reviewed 7 April 2010

Kalona, IA is not a town you will pass by flying through Iowa on the interstate. It is a small town in South East Iowa where people of many cultures and backgrounds live together peacfully. The Pull'R Inn sits right at the corner of Hwy 1 and Hwy 22. This little locally owned motel is welcoming and the staff is always friendly. We have stayed here many times over the years on our way to Wisconsin and have often routed our trip especially to stay in Kalona. The first year we stayed at the Pull'R Inn we stayed in the newer addition which we believed to have been just built because it was impeccably clean. We have learned over the years that this cleanliness continues and the newer addition feels just as new as the first time we stayed.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family