“Friendly service and good value”
Review of Dutch Country Inn

and 1 more site!
Dutch Country Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kalona
Reviewed 24 July 2013

The room was very clean and well-maintained. We stayed in a two-bedroom suite with our children and the value for the money was excellent. The staff was very friendly. The breakfast was very basic but sufficient. It's a little off the highway if you're in a hurry to pass through the state, but we wanted to see the local community, including the many Amish, and stay somewhere peaceful and quiet.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank TravelingFamilyS

Reviewed 28 June 2013

We were in the area to study the Amish/Mennonite communities and... there ain't a lot of folks doing that so you just don't need a lot of motels: the Pull'r Inn name speaks to its pinache

Although the lady on the desk was not helpful, the room was ok. The "continental breakfast" was a stale bunch of hard bagels and nasty donuts. The coffee was good.

Amazon sells my books for me and they emailed me an order while I was in Kalona and the lady on the desk would not let me use her printer to print the packing list and mailing label... so it was off to the library. What a sweetie.

Room Tip: If they build anything else... pull-r-inn there, not here....
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank McBible
Reviewed 15 June 2013

We recently spent two days in Kalona & chose to stay at the Pull'r Inn. The deck clerk was very helpful and friendly. She provided us with all the information we needed to enjoy the area. The room was well appointed and very clean. The breakfast is rather basic but all in all, we are glad we stayed in Kalona.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Carolyn53821
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I made reservations over the internet and when we decided to cancel i called the motel and cancelled the reservation with plenty of time. I asked employee if I needed to call anyone else as I didn't have information with me and she stated she would take care of it...no she did not!!! I get on to check my account and I was charged for the room. I called and was pretty much told to bad! Really good customer realtions. I called interent service that I used and she told me the motel got the money and they are the ones I need to deal with. I called back to motel and finally in conversation the employee expressed I was dumb and should know better. I understand this..don't trust an employee that says don't worry I will take care of it. Make sure you have everything correct cause this has to be the worst experience I have ever..ever had with any motel EVER!! and I stay different places a lot!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Dee R
Reviewed 22 January 2013

We were blessed to be able to share a few nights at this sweet motel.We had to be in the area for a trip to the U. of Iowa Medical Center. It was a kind and very welcoming place to be in a difficult time. The folks who run the Inn treated us above and beyond with kindness and helpfulness. The Inn is EXTREMELY clean and I am very fussy about this! Kalona is a darling little town and we plan to come back and enjoy it one day.Truly I felt as though nothing was too big or to small for them to help us with. A huge thank you to all involved.Patti M.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Patti M
Reviewed 27 August 2012

We've stayed here several times when visiting family in the area. The rooms are always very clean, and the service is friendly. Breakfast isn't great, and the motel isn't fancy, but it's certainly worth the price.

Room Tip: Even though there's no elevator, we always ask for an upstairs room, so we're not so close t...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Marilyn P
Reviewed 9 July 2012

We travel through Iowa every year on our way to Oshkosh, WI. and make a point to stay at this motel at least one way if not both coming and going. It is well maintained and comfortable and well worth the price. Staff are friendly and helpful. Kalona is a lovely place to spend a little time with it's mix of shops downtown as well as Amish owned businesses around the area. The community is diverse and welcoming.

Room Tip: We like the upstairs rooms in the new addition. Clean and quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank meredithk231

Been to Dutch Country Inn? Share your experiences!