“Clean but office LOCKS DOWN - stilled locked at 7:15 for coffee”
Review of Dutch Country Inn

Dutch Country Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kalona
Janesville, Wisconsin
“Clean but office LOCKS DOWN - stilled locked at 7:15 for coffee”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Nice place but they have changed their name I think to Heritage House???? It was Pull'r Inn when we made the reservation and no called to tell us the new name. Pleasant young man at the desk checked us in fast. My friend and I were in Kalona for the Quilt Show & Sale & to visit the quaint town - Quilt Capital of Iowa. The rooms are clean - no coffee, frig or micro wave which is fine but the lobby locks down at 10:30 at night & is suppose to open by 7 but at 7:15 am it was still locked up tight - you could see the coffee and continental breakfast but no way to get to it. I went down at 6:15 and 6:58 and waited till 7:15 and left. Several other guests came down for coffee too and left. I won't stay here again for that reason. The air conditioner worked but man was it loud. The room was very clean and that's all that really mattered to me besides no coffee.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank JKing428
Wilson L, Manager at Dutch Country Inn, responded to this review, 24 September 2014
Hello JKing428,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your comments as it lets us know what we can do to provide a better service for our guests.

The Pull'r Inn had sold as of April 1 and changed to the Dutch Country Inn. We appreciate your patience with us as we transition new ownership/management and hope to provide the best possible experience in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Potosi, Missouri, United States
Reviewed 27 February 2014

If you're looking for the Hilton -- this ain't it. Need a resort with spa and all the frills? -- keep on driving. But if you're looking for a simple, well-kept room with friendly service, you can't go wrong with this one. Quiet, and nice for the locally-owned and operated motel that it is.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Don B
Sarcoxie, Missouri
Reviewed 11 October 2013

The room was very clean. The gentleman at the desk when we checked in was very efficient and got us checked in quickly. The breakfast was skimpy with nothing hot but had mostly high carb foods. Not a good breakfast for a diabetic. The lady at the desk basically ignored us when we left the keys at the front desk. It gave the impression she could care less about our stay. No swimming pool or hot tub.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Rita W
Reviewed 24 July 2013

The room was very clean and well-maintained. We stayed in a two-bedroom suite with our children and the value for the money was excellent. The staff was very friendly. The breakfast was very basic but sufficient. It's a little off the highway if you're in a hurry to pass through the state, but we wanted to see the local community, including the many Amish, and stay somewhere peaceful and quiet.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank TravelingFamilyS
Alpha Ohio
Reviewed 28 June 2013

We were in the area to study the Amish/Mennonite communities and... there ain't a lot of folks doing that so you just don't need a lot of motels: the Pull'r Inn name speaks to its pinache

Although the lady on the desk was not helpful, the room was ok. The "continental breakfast" was a stale bunch of hard bagels and nasty donuts. The coffee was good.

Amazon sells my books for me and they emailed me an order while I was in Kalona and the lady on the desk would not let me use her printer to print the packing list and mailing label... so it was off to the library. What a sweetie.

Room Tip: If they build anything else... pull-r-inn there, not here....
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank McBible
Prairie du Chien, Wisconsin
Reviewed 15 June 2013

We recently spent two days in Kalona & chose to stay at the Pull'r Inn. The deck clerk was very helpful and friendly. She provided us with all the information we needed to enjoy the area. The room was well appointed and very clean. The breakfast is rather basic but all in all, we are glad we stayed in Kalona.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Carolyn53821
Whittemore
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I made reservations over the internet and when we decided to cancel i called the motel and cancelled the reservation with plenty of time. I asked employee if I needed to call anyone else as I didn't have information with me and she stated she would take care of it...no she did not!!! I get on to check my account and I was charged for the room. I called and was pretty much told to bad! Really good customer realtions. I called interent service that I used and she told me the motel got the money and they are the ones I need to deal with. I called back to motel and finally in conversation the employee expressed I was dumb and should know better. I understand this..don't trust an employee that says don't worry I will take care of it. Make sure you have everything correct cause this has to be the worst experience I have ever..ever had with any motel EVER!! and I stay different places a lot!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Dee R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kalona
Ramada Williamsburg
Hampton Inn Iowa City/University Area
Residence Inn Coralville
Residence Inn Coralville
#8 of 21 in Coralville

Been to Dutch Country Inn? Share your experiences!