“Friends & Fun”

Grand Falls Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Larchwood
Reviewed 9 July 2014

This was a first time to this Casino and also my first trip to Grand Falls, I met some wonderful
people from all areas of the State, being from Canada they welcomed me to come back. I have
booked with my regular travel agent to go back in October this fall.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Nice people, great rooms, exercise room and pool area is top notch. I play craps and love the daytime low minimums during the week! They have golf and a spa.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

I've gambled here quite a few times due to the close location to Sioux Falls, I've enjoyed playing craps as the dealers are friendly. However, the slots are some of the tightest I've ever played. You're better off playing video lottery. Also, they lack any real entertaining slots, bonus features don't hit often and when they do they are dull and you don't win much.

The buffet is pretty solid.

4  Thank kellyjo7
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We only live about 10 minutes from the casino but once you walk in you feel like your far far away!
We don't win but we go for the atmosphere. We especially love Ruthie's Steakhouse, that's why we go there. The food is awesome and the restaurant is very quiet, you cannot hear the casino floor at all. Yes it's spendy but well worth it.

1  Thank maxthecat65
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We just stayed at Grand Falls for the first time as our family met there to celebrate our parents 60th wedding anniversary. Our stay was rather disappointing for a number of reasons, we ended up checking our a night early and headed to Sioux Falls.

First let me start with the good. The resort is beautiful, modern, clean and appealing. You are greeted with free valet service who treat you right and were one of the few customer service highlights of the resort. We stayed in a standard room which was very modern, roomy and quiet. The bed was extremely comfortable and the bathrooms are very unique and spacious. Roberts breakfast buffet was moderately priced with good selection and great omelets. The pool and hot tub were nice with the hot tub extending into the outdoors, a nice touch and the fitness room was great! The only other service highlight was the maid service as they were friendly, responsive and fast. One final note, we attended the David Cassidy concert which was very intimate and entertaining.

Now to the negatives which outweighed the positives by a large margin. By far the biggest disappointment was the customer service. They were not friendly, accommodating, helpful or attentive...simply said they basically did not seem to care about the guests. One example was run around they give you to get your free $5 slot play when you have the breakfast buffet. We had the buffet and the hostess told us to take the receipt to get our free $5, but we tried to cash in they told us we couldn't get it because we charged the breakfast to our room. Despite our efforts to convince them that even though we put it on our room tab the cost was the same as paying cash however they did not care and DID NOT give us our $5 slot credit. This was a great way to discourage us from playing the slots or gambling at all, go figure! Other examples poor service was when we asked for a few extra chairs for our room so our family could gather, but they would not help us. Prior to the David Cassidy concert they had a cash bar outside the event center, but for hundreds of attendees they only had two bartenders serving. Casino staff are not very friendly or very helpful to newcomers.

Other negatives was the Roberts evening buffet at a cost of $18.99 per person. The food selection was plentiful, but it was all very average at best. The buffet was also extremely busy and very under staffed. Internet is $9.95 per day which is not uncommon to higher end establishments, I consider it their way of keeping you out of your room and in the casino. The event center itself was somewhat disappointing with no theatre seating, only regular chairs with were way too close together - definitely not Vegas caliber. The center was also too warm and smoky.

To sum it up they bill themselves as a Vegas-inspired casino resort, but we were not very inspired by what we experienced!

5  Thank mwo38675

Been to Grand Falls Casino Resort? Share your experiences!