“Nightranger concert”

Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Larchwood
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Nightranger concert”
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Saw Nightranger in concert at the event center and it was great. The place is a nice intimate venue to see your favorite artists. Looking forward to more rock shows.

Blair, Nebraska
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Nice gem in the middle of nowhere.”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Last Sunday, July 20, my wife and I took off for a one-day vacation three hours north of our Home, Blair, NE. One of the reasons we chose it was because Sun. -Thurs. they will honor discount coupons from other Mid-west Casino/Hotels; we spent the night in a beautiful King-bed room for $49.00 with a coupon we had from Harrah's in Kansas city. The Casino/Hotel is fairly new and is trying to set itself up as a resort destination venue. The first of August they will open up their 18-hole golf course. There is both an indoor and an outdoor pool, very nice. Didn't use the indoor pool but the outside pool was very nice with a life guard on duty. Most casino hotels don't have pools because they don't want the kids there and they want you to spend your money in the gaming areas.
The gaming floor had 900 slots with the usual tables games also. We ate at the Big Drop Cafe Sunday night and it was fine. However, Monday morning we ate at Robert's Buffet for $4.99
and it was fantastic. The best sausage gravy and biscuits I've ever had. Made to order omelets, breakfast meats, rolls, fruits...for $4.99!! I will go back.

Plymouth, Massachusetts
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“I did have fun!”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I wanted to try the casino in Iowa. All I know is Foxwoods & Mohigan (CT). This was way out in the country in Iowa. It is a small casino, very pleasant. We only stayed to bet & actually win! Stayed for a few hours. Very clean & nice. The only thing of course, is the smoking. Even in the non smoking area, you can smell it. (same with the CT casinos). Other than that we had a great time!

Alaska
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Horrible customer service”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We recently stayed at the Grand Falls Casino and Resort. The facility was very nice. The pool area was lovely. The rooms were very nice. The spa, albeit overpriced, was quite nice as were the staff. However, certain aspects of the customer service were horrendous. The restaurant, pool, and maid staff were all good. The front desk and casino staff, on the other hand, were less than impressive. I found the casino staff and front desk staff to be unfriendly and at some points even rude. I tried to request a wake-up call and the front desk would not answer the phone. After multiple attempts I gave up. I certainly hope there is never an emergency, as the front desk will be of no help. After some rude treatment in the casino, I asked to speak with a manager. Amazingly, a manager never showed up. At the time of checkout, a printed out bill was shoved across the desk. As I looked it over, a comment of, "Well, is everything ok on it?" I answered that all was fine. That was the end of the checkout process. There was no thank you, how was your stay, we hope you come again. Not one more word was said. It is a lovely facility, but based on the customer service we will not be back.

4 Thank TaysMom99
“Friends & Fun”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

This was a first time to this Casino and also my first trip to Grand Falls, I met some wonderful
people from all areas of the State, being from Canada they welcomed me to come back. I have
booked with my regular travel agent to go back in October this fall.

Visited May 2014

Been to Grand Falls Casino Resort? Share your experiences!