The Bell Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Brook
Reviewed 10 March 2013

Stayed for one night and thoroughly enjoyed the amazing Service and food.All three courses courses of the evening meal were top quality in the way they were presented and tasted.
The staff were always attentive and checking we were happy.
The room was clean and comfortable with all the essentials you require. The bed was very comfy and a good nights sleep was had by my wife and I.
The hotel is good value we will be looking to stay again in the future

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SittingbourneDobbie

Reviewed 4 March 2013 via mobile

Just had a one night stay here and was delighted by the twin bedroom, particularly by the large ensuite bathroom. Room was clean and bright and beds comfy. Restaurant food at dinner was low in quantity but very high in quality. Breakfast buffet was delicious and plentiful. Reception staff were very friendly and helpful. Recommended.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 28 February 2013

We stayed at the Bell on a Groupon deal, which was amazing value for money. Our friends room (no 6) was huge and very well appointed, with disabled facilities in the bathroom. Our room was much smaller but quite satisfactory, although the bathroom would benefit from some updating. Our rooms looked on to the car park, which extends to the golf club opposite & was very busy. However there was no noise at night & we slept well.
The main thing about the Bell is it's lovely staff, who go the extra mile for you. I would say we had the friendliest welcome & service here than I can remember from many visits to other hotels. Our waiter, Adam, was very attentive & helpful, and Alphonso was also a delight, the reception staff also.
Our only disappointment lay with our meal. The food in general was excellent & well cooked, but our plates were cold & so the food became cold very quickly. My friend's starter of scallops would have been delicious had it been at least warm. We did mention this twice but got no feedback from the kitchen. There were only a couple of other tables in use so there was really no excuse.
That said, the good quality of the meat was evident and my rump of lamb was meltingly good. They do source their products locally and it shows.
Altogether a very enjoyable stay in a relaxed & friendly hotel.

Room Tip: Room 6 is very spacious & has disabled facilities
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank teljan_10
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I bought this stay for my parents on TravelZoo and they asked me to write feedback for them. They had 2 nights at the hotel and didn't have anything negative to say. They arrived and their room was a ground floor spacious and clean room over looking the car park so quieter I'd imagine than being over the main road. They thoroughly enjoyed their evening meal and they said they slept well on both nights. The only criticism they had were that the sausages for breakfast weren't very nice but to be fair if that is their only fault then The Bell did really well as my parents are used to staying in hotels. I visited them and had a drink in the bar and the staff were very friendly. I and my parents would strongly recommend this hotel for a relaxing, ideally located New Forest stay.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms at the back away from the road
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank TNADZ
Reviewed 24 February 2013

We stayed 1 night in a Classic Double room via a Groupon deal which was excellent value as we had a cream tea, 3 course dinner with sparkling wine and full breakfast for £99. The dinner alone was worth £60. Service was friendly throughout our stay- from Reception staff to waiters. The room was stylish, clean and comfortable with nice toiletries, hospitalty tray and free WiFi.

The cream tea was a very small scone rather than the usual 2 normal sized ones but it was warm and we had the choice of coffee or tea with it.

The evening meal was well presented and tasty but rather small portions particularly the starters.

The buffet breakfast was very good and we were provied with a vegetable sausage with our meal having asked at the time of booking for a veggie alternative to the usual sausage and bacon. It was very busy at breakfast so people had to wait for the buffet to be replenished all the time and we had a long wait for our veggie meal (15-20 minutes) but we accepted this as we had asked for something special.

I was surprised to see a large dog next to a couple's table which wasn't a service dog. This didn't bother me but there might be people who object to animals being near food like that.

Overall I would recommend the Bell Inn.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lynda B
Reviewed 18 February 2013

We took a 3 day stay at The Bell and were not dissappointed. Room was generally quite clean although the bathroom was a little tatty, but still perfectly serviceable.
Staff were friendly and helpful, particularly the Spanish gentleman running the breakfast service.
My only complaint is, that due to us staying over the valentines weekend, the main menu was greatly reduced. The valentine menu sounded exquisite, but as with all food establishments over the period, was extremely expensive. We ordered from the non valentine menu and the food was exceptional. I only wish there had been more choice available.
Overall, very happy with our stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 February 2013

Everything with my stay was perfect. The rooms were clean, spacious and very well priced for the quality. The food was also excellent along with the choice of drinks at the bar. We really enjoyed our stay however the one thing that was disappointing was when we went for dinner and the service was particularly poor.

We felt ignored by our waiter. He was called Adam if I recall correctly. He seemed to be focused on one table which appeared to be his parents who were also dining. He spent the majority of the time talking to. We had to actually approach him to get his attention.
He didn't seem to care about the other tables. This was very unprofessional and I had to go to the bar to pay to a much friendlier chap.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Jimmylee1990
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brook
4 mi away
#1 of 2 in Beaulieu
Beaulieu Hotel
Beaulieu Hotel
#2 of 2 in Beaulieu

Been to The Bell Inn? Share your experiences!