“warm welcome”
Review of The Bell Inn

The Bell Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Brook
Reviewed 11 March 2013

We stayed on a two night break at this wonderful hotel, we were able to take our family dog and found the accomodation to a very high standard. The staff were wonderful and made our stay very memorable. The food served at this Hotel was very imaginative and delicous all the ingredients were supplied by the local farms . I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone wishing to explore the New Forest It was truly charming.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for The Bell Inn

Reviewed 10 March 2013

Stayed one night here on a voucher. Started off with an afternoon cream tea. I would have liked 2 scones as the single one offered was insufficient. Also real clotted cream makes a proper cream tea not the sweetened synthetic cream on offer.

Evening meal was excellent if slightly stingy on portion size.

Room comfortable (no 17) but water stain from a leak above on the ceiling and wall. Lovely big enamel bath spoilt by unsightly chip.

Breakfast buffet plentiful and tasty.

All in all I would go back again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 March 2013

Stayed for one night and thoroughly enjoyed the amazing Service and food.All three courses courses of the evening meal were top quality in the way they were presented and tasted.
The staff were always attentive and checking we were happy.
The room was clean and comfortable with all the essentials you require. The bed was very comfy and a good nights sleep was had by my wife and I.
The hotel is good value we will be looking to stay again in the future

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SittingbourneDobbie
Reviewed 4 March 2013 via mobile

Just had a one night stay here and was delighted by the twin bedroom, particularly by the large ensuite bathroom. Room was clean and bright and beds comfy. Restaurant food at dinner was low in quantity but very high in quality. Breakfast buffet was delicious and plentiful. Reception staff were very friendly and helpful. Recommended.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 28 February 2013

We stayed at the Bell on a Groupon deal, which was amazing value for money. Our friends room (no 6) was huge and very well appointed, with disabled facilities in the bathroom. Our room was much smaller but quite satisfactory, although the bathroom would benefit from some updating. Our rooms looked on to the car park, which extends to the golf club opposite & was very busy. However there was no noise at night & we slept well.
The main thing about the Bell is it's lovely staff, who go the extra mile for you. I would say we had the friendliest welcome & service here than I can remember from many visits to other hotels. Our waiter, Adam, was very attentive & helpful, and Alphonso was also a delight, the reception staff also.
Our only disappointment lay with our meal. The food in general was excellent & well cooked, but our plates were cold & so the food became cold very quickly. My friend's starter of scallops would have been delicious had it been at least warm. We did mention this twice but got no feedback from the kitchen. There were only a couple of other tables in use so there was really no excuse.
That said, the good quality of the meat was evident and my rump of lamb was meltingly good. They do source their products locally and it shows.
Altogether a very enjoyable stay in a relaxed & friendly hotel.

Room Tip: Room 6 is very spacious & has disabled facilities
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank teljan_10
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I bought this stay for my parents on TravelZoo and they asked me to write feedback for them. They had 2 nights at the hotel and didn't have anything negative to say. They arrived and their room was a ground floor spacious and clean room over looking the car park so quieter I'd imagine than being over the main road. They thoroughly enjoyed their evening meal and they said they slept well on both nights. The only criticism they had were that the sausages for breakfast weren't very nice but to be fair if that is their only fault then The Bell did really well as my parents are used to staying in hotels. I visited them and had a drink in the bar and the staff were very friendly. I and my parents would strongly recommend this hotel for a relaxing, ideally located New Forest stay.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms at the back away from the road
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank TNADZ
Reviewed 24 February 2013

We stayed 1 night in a Classic Double room via a Groupon deal which was excellent value as we had a cream tea, 3 course dinner with sparkling wine and full breakfast for £99. The dinner alone was worth £60. Service was friendly throughout our stay- from Reception staff to waiters. The room was stylish, clean and comfortable with nice toiletries, hospitalty tray and free WiFi.

The cream tea was a very small scone rather than the usual 2 normal sized ones but it was warm and we had the choice of coffee or tea with it.

The evening meal was well presented and tasty but rather small portions particularly the starters.

The buffet breakfast was very good and we were provied with a vegetable sausage with our meal having asked at the time of booking for a veggie alternative to the usual sausage and bacon. It was very busy at breakfast so people had to wait for the buffet to be replenished all the time and we had a long wait for our veggie meal (15-20 minutes) but we accepted this as we had asked for something special.

I was surprised to see a large dog next to a couple's table which wasn't a service dog. This didn't bother me but there might be people who object to animals being near food like that.

Overall I would recommend the Bell Inn.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lynda B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brook
The Crown Manor House Hotel
#2 of 2 in Beaulieu
Cottage Lodge Hotel
Cottage Lodge Hotel
#1 of 10 in Brockenhurst

Been to The Bell Inn? Share your experiences!