“Wonderful, Cosy Hotel”
Review of The Bell Inn

The Bell Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Brook
Reviewed 22 March 2013

We have just returned from a one night stay with cream tea and dinner at this hotel - a Christmas gift from our daughter.

The welcome was warm when we checked in. The room was spacious, spotlessly clean and also provided the additional comfort of two armchairs and small table. The flat screen tv was a good size, the bed was extremely comfortable. Cream tea on arrival was delicious and welcome. Dinner in the evening was really good - the only slight criticism was that the service was quite slow.

All in all, a delightful hotel.

Reviewed 18 March 2013

I bought an offer from Groupon to stay overnight at this hotel, with afternoon tea and £60 voucher for dinner. When we arrived we thought the hotel was very sweet and very welcoming. Our room (first floor) which was a twin was nice and airy and had a small but perfectly formed bathroom. Our afternoon tea (for which we forgo our lunch for) was a cup of tea and a very small scone. In the evening, we went to dinner and had a beautiful meal which was really imaginative. I had the goats cheese mouse, followed by the seabream and then the cheeseboard. My Mum had the fillet steak and the popcorm and chocolate fondant dessert. (My Mum said the best dessert she has ever had) We had a nice cold bottle of Pinot. Whilst the service was a bit slow but we weren't in a rush I have to say there were two members of staff serving who made us feel especially welcome. (Ashleigh and Leon) These two guys were brilliant and so friendly. The hotel was very busy and I understand there were inadequate number of staff in the kitchen. In the morning, we had our breakfast in our room and ordered poached egg on toast. They were perfect and if we had chosen boiled, they wanted to know how long you wanted them boiled for. I would highly recommend this place, it is very pretty and makes your feel really relaxed. Our room was at the front onto the main road but we both slept amazingly well.

Room Tip: Had a room on the main road but still slept very well. All of the hotel was very clean indeed. Would...
1  Thank Adele72
Reviewed 16 March 2013

My brother, myself and our dog stayed for a two night break through an advertised offer. The accommodation was good and the staff were extremely pleasant and helpful ,especially in the bar/dining area. The service was slower than I would have liked,however they appeared to be very busy. The food was imaginative, good and well presented. I have to say however, that the afternoon tea was somewhat amusing. Clotted cream that wasn't and a small scone. Lets say I was pleased I didn't pay the advertised rate for it! We would definitely return.

Reviewed 15 March 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel on a very good deal which was bed and breakfast, £60.00 to spend in the Restaurant, and a cream tea.
We thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere, and had our cream tea in front of a lovely fire.
Our room was adequate - on the smallish side, with quite a step up into the bathroom. An electric fire was in our room , although the radiators were on, but nice to have available incase we were cold.
The Staff looked after us well, and dinner was excellent with a good choice, and was nicely presented.
At breakfast, hot dishes were buffet style, and there were only fried eggs. I am not sure if one could have asked for poached or scrambled. I just had cereal.

Room Tip: No lift. We were on the first floor, and did not see any other rooms.
Reviewed 11 March 2013

We stayed on a two night break at this wonderful hotel, we were able to take our family dog and found the accomodation to a very high standard. The staff were wonderful and made our stay very memorable. The food served at this Hotel was very imaginative and delicous all the ingredients were supplied by the local farms . I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone wishing to explore the New Forest It was truly charming.

Reviewed 10 March 2013

Stayed one night here on a voucher. Started off with an afternoon cream tea. I would have liked 2 scones as the single one offered was insufficient. Also real clotted cream makes a proper cream tea not the sweetened synthetic cream on offer.

Evening meal was excellent if slightly stingy on portion size.

Room comfortable (no 17) but water stain from a leak above on the ceiling and wall. Lovely big enamel bath spoilt by unsightly chip.

Breakfast buffet plentiful and tasty.

All in all I would go back again.

Reviewed 10 March 2013

Stayed for one night and thoroughly enjoyed the amazing Service and food.All three courses courses of the evening meal were top quality in the way they were presented and tasted.
The staff were always attentive and checking we were happy.
The room was clean and comfortable with all the essentials you require. The bed was very comfy and a good nights sleep was had by my wife and I.
The hotel is good value we will be looking to stay again in the future

1  Thank SittingbourneDobbie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brook
4 mi away
#1 of 2 in Beaulieu
Beaulieu Hotel
Beaulieu Hotel
#2 of 2 in Beaulieu

Been to The Bell Inn? Share your experiences!