“excellent wedding reception”
Review of The Bell Inn

The Bell Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Brook
Reviewed 10 May 2013

We had our wedding reception at the Bell in early April this year. Every thing went smoothly, with absolutely no problems what so ever. Sally, was extremely helpful throughout the whole planning process, we chose the menu, the chef did the rest, and to the mormal high standard expected at the Bell.
The oak room was set up and decorated just how we had asked. The drinks were waiting for us on arrival, the food was on time, and we even had parking reserved for us right outside the front door!
As regulars both my wife and I had no hesitation in booking the Bell for our big day and we not left feeling disappointed.
We also stayed the night in the hotel, nice size room, beautifully furnished, large, modern bathroom with plenty of toiletries.
An excellent choice all round. Thanks Sally and your team for all the hard work.

3  Thank tajandmark
Didier C, Manager at The Bell Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2013

Dear Tajandmark,

I normally start by thanking people for having taken the time to post a review on tripadvisor following their visit to the Bell Inn. On this occasion I would like to thank you first of all for having chosen to spend such an important day with us. Of course I am deeply grateful for your glowing review. I have passed your compliments also to Sally who is obviously very pleased that we delivered exactly what you wanted. I hope we will have the chance to welcome you again before your first anniversary.

If I can ad just one more thing:

Congratulations from all of us and our best wishes for the future.

Reviewed 8 May 2013

Having not been to the Bell since November as I had been away I heard they had a new chef and I was so excited about trying their new menu. Lets say I was not disappointed. On arrival I noticed that they had re-decorated the entrance and the whole concept worked so well. After spending a while looking at menu as it all looked amazing I went for the scotch egg and salad and it was just perfect. I then followed it up with the Lamb and Ketchup and again the food was amazing so not normal being a pudding man i took the plunge and went for the orange and blueberry which again was probably one of the best puddings I have had in a long time. Its the fair to say that the food at the Bell keeps on getting better and if you have never eaten their you are really missing out. I am already planning my next trip back with some friends from France as i know they will love the wine list. Thank you again for such a great evening and I cant wait to explore the menu more.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank ChrisS638
Didier C, Manager at The Bell Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2013

Dear Chris S,

Thank you very much for such a complimentary review. I am delighted that you like our redecorated reception area. I have passed your comments to the kitchen team and they want me to express their gratitude to you for using such kind words as 'best pudding I have had in a long time'.
You also mention that your friends from France whom you will bring along next time will love the wine list. Being French myself I obviously take wine seriously. We have had some additions made to the list with a couple more champagnes, a Corbieres, a Montagne Saint Emilion and there are still more to come....

Obviously we still also offer wines from many other countries, being from the old and new World.

We are all looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights in March as part of a group of 12 golfers. Rooms were very good and breakfast was excellent.
Had one problem with an evening meal but that was sorted out quickly, professionally and to everyones satisfaction.
Would use again.
PS both golf courses are very goods as well.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bob P

Dear Bob P,

I am pleased to see that you found your stay with us at The Bell Inn very good. Having two golf courses, one of which just across the car park is certainly a big attraction for some of our visitors. We are also in the heart of the beauty that is the New Forest.
Other people find our proximity to Paulton's Park a reason to stay here.
I hope we get opportunity to welcome you again, for a golf break or any other reason.

Reviewed 25 April 2013

We were delighted with our nights stay at the Bell Inn. We arrived in the afternoon we were allocated a really nice room .Then we went to the restaurant and had a delicious cream tea. The hotel is on the edge of the New Forest a lovely location. We enjoyed a stroll and saw the ponies at the edge of the forest which was lovely.We later had a superb meal in the restaurant. The staff were all really friendly and polite and made the stay really enjoyable. The breakfast next morning was first class too. We will definately stay there again and would highly recommend the hotel. It also has golf course . Can't rate this hotel highly enough excellent value .

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank tooting girl
Didier C, Manager at The Bell Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2013

Dear Tooting Girl,
I am also delighted that you had such a good time with us at the Bell Inn. I have already passed your comments to the team who join me in thanking you for having taken the time to write those words. Constructive criticism is good and necessary for the product we offer to be improved, however I must admit such a complimentary review is also very much appreciated.

Reviewed 23 April 2013 via mobile

I dined at The Bell Inn last night a fully recommend it. Having sampled the cuisine at many New Forest hotels and restaurants, I have developed quite high expectations of what can be done using the local produce. The Bell Inn have got it exactly right; fantastic flavours, substantial portions and plenty of creativity (without over-complicating things!) The owners have clearly gone to some length to compliment the food by a fantastic varied selection of wines which was appreciated. The hotel and restaurant are both decorated beautifully, exactly how you'd want a New Forest retreat to look.. Which adds to the whole experience.

Will definitely be returning soon to sample something else on the menu, and hopefully will stay too as I've heard the rooms are beautiful too!

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank JS-Hampshire
Didier C, Manager at The Bell Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2013

Dear JS-Hampshire,

I would like to thank you for having taken the time to post a review following your recent visit to the Bell Inn. you obviously had a good time with us and this is exactly what we always aim to provide. I have passed your compliments to the entire team. They all play a part in delivering this experience and are always genuinely pleased to see our guests happy.

I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 21 April 2013

This hotel bar has a lovely quiet and relaxed feel to it, after trying to park in a couple of popular new forest pubs on a sunny Sunday, we gave up and on the way home saw that the Bell Inn had loads of spaces so we thought we'd give it a try. We were welcomed and seated in the bar/restaurant (not sure, all eating areas looked the same). There were plenty of empty tables which was strange considering we couldn't get in to the other places we visited, but it was 14.00 by now. So, not particularly busy, you have to ask - why did we wait over 20mins for our meal to arrive? Why did the waiter need reminding to bring horseradish (which arrived just in time for the last mouthful of beef)? why did the waiter need reminding that we had ordered coffee that hadn't arrived? The service was slow and commented upon by other tables as well. However, all 4 of the staff that dealt with us were friendly and pleasant.

Such a shame that the service was so slow as the food tasted excellent. The roast beef was lovely as was the 1 yorkshire pudding, the veg portions were small though - 1 small piece of each veg (broccoli, cauliflower, parsnip), 2 small potatoes and one big whole carrot.

Value for money and service is better in a number of the other excellent pubs in the area, £37 was far too much for a 1 course meal for 2 with coffee/tea and no alcohol. I did not leave a tip as the service was not good enough to deserve one. An apology was given when I explained this on paying the bill.

1  Thank Kayleigh123
Didier C, General Manager at The Bell Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2013

Dear Kayleigh123,

I am sorry to see that you were not fully satisfied with your visit to the Bell Inn on that sunny sunday afternoon. From reading your review I guess you did not have any starters. Therefore 20 minutes is, I believe, an acceptable amount of time to wait for a freshly cooked dish to be prepared and served. I agree with you that you should not have to ask twice for horseradish or for your coffee to be served. We are reviewing certain aspects of the service we provide and this is being addressed. We all have certain expectations of how much a meal should cost. On this occasion you found our prices too high. The roast beef you describe, we offer it at £14.95. We also have on the menu classic dishes such as sausage and mash or the traditional fish and chips both available at lunch or dinner on any day for £11.50 each.
Finally you mentioned that the members of my team you entered in contact with were all pleasant and friendly. this is also something we always try to deliver and it pleases me to see we can.

regards,

Reviewed 18 April 2013

Disabled elderly mother, aunt, sister and I have just returned from three nights at The Bell Inn. Very enjoyable stay - excellent staff always helpful and cheerful.Mother and I had Forest Room which is larger and has own parking place. It is across the carpark away from the main hotel and was extremely comfortable. Breakfast was good as was the quality of the evening meal. Just one negative - the very small portions, particularly vegetables. Maybe we have larger than average appetites but I am pleased that my husband did not accompany us!
Despite this we had a great time but would probably not dine there in future. We had a mid week offer which included a reduction in the price of the evening meal so we felt obliged to eat in.Would suggest that they provide larger portions of vegetables which, after all, are not the expensive part of the meal.

Room Tip: Forest room is very quiet but more expensive.