The Bell Inn
Orbitz.com
The White Rabbit(Lyndhurst)
US$111
  • Restaurant
Penny Farthing Hotel(Lyndhurst)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$118
All reviewsnew forestgolf coursegolf clublovely hotelevening mealmy partnerhigh standardthe pubbar areatoastacross the roadfull englishcar parkthe ground floorcream teaafternoon teagolf break
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Here's the Truth again, well guys what a little gem this is, beautiful location, very historic.
Clean & comfy, very god front desk staff.
Here's my issue room 7 bad room listening to the cars going over the catte tracks r whatever they are, next up very disappointed I missed breakfast on my last morning of my stay I had a pane to catch and my taxi was booked for 7.30am so you say breakfast starts at 7 plenty of time, NO at 7.15am the young lad who looked like he had just been dragged out of bed was still setting up and when I asked at 7.25am where my cooked breakfast was I was told the chef was still cooking and preparing it, here's a tip....If you are starting breakfast at 7AM! Prepare at 6.30am you make the rules, very disappointed !
For this and the way I was spoke to on my last day Average, sorry would have made Excellant!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Mark P, General Manager at The Bell Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Dear TruthRUS,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review about your recent stay at the Bell Inn. I am glad you found the room clean & comfy and the front desk staff good, I am dissapointed to hear you had a disturbed sleep with the cattle grid, unfortunately it is a necessity to keep the wild ponies from coming into the Hotel & Golf course. I do apologies about breakfast, I agree with you that we advertise from 7am and should be ready to serve from then, I hope you had a good flight back to New York.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

this was booked by my boss for my 30th. outside it looks nice although I did not expect it to be on a main road. inside is quite dated and old fashioned. people on reception sent us off to our room which we had some trouble finding. outside our room window workmen were working so was quite noisy. ate here the first night. nothing fantastic and deathly quiet. breakfast the next morning was inedible, neither of us ate it. the following evening we went to the pub over the road. much better. would we return? nope.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear kirstyandjohn,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to the Bell Inn, sorry that you didn't find the hotel to your liking, I do apologies about the noise, we are currently doing some refurbishments and we are trying to keep the noise to a minimum.

Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

We booked a Valentine Break and were exceptionally pleased with our room (17), which had recently been re furbished to a very high standard. The bed was comfortable and we slept like logs. The food was lovely and my husband who is particular about his steaks was very pleased. My meal was delicious and beautifully presented.

The pub area is comfortable and cosy sofas around the open fire are lovely. There is also lovely lounge for guests with big squashy sofas where you can have coffee and relax with a paper...a nice fire in there would have been a real bonus.

It cannot go unmentioned...we were all subjected to a 14 hour power cut on Valentines Night.....halfway through service. No fault of the hotel but the staff, who must have been under great pressure, did the best they could. We didnt get our main course but we were served with a sharing plate of cheeses and pickles and other nibbles....and they kept the drinks flowing. Despite the difficulty the duty staff (Amber and Marie etc) managed very well and Phillipa was very good the next morning when the power was still off; steering us through their plans for the hotel regarding our second night.

At checkout we were disappointed the bill had not been adjusted to take account of the Friday night issues. We felt the owners/senior managers should have already thought about that but the duty manager Helen was happy to put that right quickly and with great charm.

Overall a lovely hotel in a great location currently being refurbished to what appears to be a fine standard. We look forward to coming back.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Rebecca D,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to the Bell Inn, I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us despite the unfortunate power cut we had on valentines night, thank you for all your kind comments about the staff as they worked hard under these conditions to make everyone's stay as pleasant as possible. I am delighted you found the newly refurbished rooms to a high standard and slept very well and the food delicious. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

A thoroughly enjoyable Sunday afternoon for lunch with a totally delicious lunch. It was absolutely gorgeous. I've never tasted a Sunday roast (I had the beef) as good as that. Stunning location and excellent service.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank wozza2016

Dear Wozza2016,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent meal you had with us. I am delighted that you had the best Sunday roast ever and found the location stunning and excellent service, I shall pass on your comments to the staff.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

A very comfortable short break in the scenic New Forest. Staff were very helpful and the food was excellent. The Bell Inn has a good, comfortable bar and lounge. The bedroom was cosy with a good size bathroom. Would strongly recommend a stay here.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Richard M

Dear Richard M,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the Bell Inn. I am delighted that you had a comfortable short break and the staff were helpful, food excellent and the bedroom cosy. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.