“Construction was only a slight inconvenience”

Comfort Inn & Suites Riverview
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Le Claire
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Recently stayed for two nights. The hotel is in an excellent location, five minutes from the downtown area, and has a beautiful view of the river. Yes, it is currently being renovated, that said there was plenty of parking space and we experienced minimal construction noise. The only construction related inconvenience we experience was having to exit from a different door than we entered, due to blockage midday. Our whirlpool suite was very large with a full sized recliner, and upholstered rocking chair. Complimentary breakfast had typical offerings, but what set this place apart was when I made mention to their delightful hostess Loretta, that my husband would really enjoy biscuits and gravy, she put the wheels in motion ensuring it would be offered day two of our stay, excellent customer service! The staff was friendly and approachable, we would stay here again, most definitely!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Ed H, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Riverview, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Thank You very much for the wonderful compliment. We are excited about the renovation and cannot wait to hear what you have to say about the hotel when the process is complete. We try very hard to make sure that our guests have the best possible experience when staying with us and I am happy to hear your husband enjoyed the biscuits and gravy. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 3 October 2013

Stayed here two nights. When we got there I thought I had asked for a first floor room but they had no record of my request so I was not real happy. The lady at the desk said she would take care of it for us and upgraded us to a first floor room with a king size bed the first night and then allowed us to move to another room on the first floor that had two queen beds the second night.
I feel they went out of their way to help us out and all the staff were very accommodating. They were doing construction and apologized for the construction but it will be a better place in the near future. We have stayed here several times with good experience and recommend this place. They told us will have an elevator when construction is done so higher floor should not be a problem. Nice pool, also.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

A GOOD EXPERIENCE is what it's all about. Thank you for your kind words.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

After reading some of the more current reviews, I was unsure we made the correct decision. However, we were very pleased with our stay. Yes, there is construction, but that will make things better! We only had to walk a few steps farther. Parking lot had plenty of room! Everything was very clean regardless of construction. Rooms were clean, roomy and beds were comfortable. Eating area was especially clean and food was tasty. The desk gal was so helpful, plus the cookies were tasty, We enjoyed LeClaire and will stay here when we go again!

Room Tip: A riverfront view would be nice, but would go anyway.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Ed H, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Riverview, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Thank You for giving us the opportunity for your lodging needs. It is a difficult time when renovations take place, however we strive to maintain cleanliness during this process so that our guests continue to be our first priority.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

First let me say, as of 9/13, this property is being renovated. Upon arriving we discovered that there is limited parking near the entry doors, maybe a dozen spots. The rest of the lot is cordened off for construction stuff. The actual main door you can't get to, you must enter through a side door and follow the signs to the front desk. I have to say that everyone one of the staff I had interaction with was polite and helpful, no compaints there. My room was on the 2nd floor and there are no elevators. Not a huge deal, but if you are lugging bags, it can be difficult. Also, there were no ice or vending machines on the 2nd floor. If you want either one of them, you have to trek downstairs. There was also a noticeable temperature difference between the 1st and 2nd floors, maybe due to the construction? As the temps were in the high 90's when we were there, it makes a big difference. The room itself was okay. It was clean, big enough for the 2 of us, but then again, nothing special. The free breakfast the next day was mediocre at best, (powdered) eggs were cold, but they had cereal,waffles, donuts, etc. Most people could probably find something to eat. I wish I would have known that construction was going on when I booked the room. I would have either asked for a discount or skipped the place entirely.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the first floor, there are no vending or ice machines on the second floor.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nacho67
Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

Upon arrival we found the hotel undergoing a major outside renovation but the inside was great. Rooms were big, bed was comfortable, very clean room, good breakfast, nice exercise rooms and pool. Staff was very nice at giving us directions.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 25 August 2013

As a Comfort Inn employee, I know how difficult it can be to work the front desk, and the lady with short blonde hair did fairly well. When i booked the only smoking room with a King bed, she let me know that it was a handicapped room, which I appreciated. But she said that if I didn't want to switch to a regular smoking room, I would have to wait to check in, even though it was almost an hour past check in time. So we settled for the room with 2 queen beds, even though we booked a King...not a big deal. The lack of an ice machine on 2nd floor was a little odd, I would suggest putting one up there so people who can't walk well don't have to go down the stairs. But the one thing that bothered me was that my confirmation letter said check out was at noon. At 10:45 as I was sleeping, a man knocked on our door, opened it, saw us sleeping and left. It only bothered me so much because we had a "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door and it wasn't time to leave yet. Then at 11:00 a.m. the front desk lady called to ask if we were checking out. I told her yes but that my letter said we had until noon. She was very sweet and accomodating, she said "That's no problem! You can have until noon." Which I appreciated very much. All in all I would definitely come back, but a few less problems in the morning would be nice.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2013

The hotel was under construction when we arrived -- no pre-notice. Signs directed us to an "entrance" that was at the far end of the property (about as far from the front desk as you can get). I had badly hurt my knee on the trip and limped my way to the front desk. The surly front desk attendant saw me coming and she gave us a room on the second floor, in a property with no elevator. When I asked if she had something on the first floor, she said I would have to pay for an upgrade to a room with a 'jetted tub' (another Comfort Inn upgraded me at no cost because of my 'gold level membership' in Choice hotel's points club). I hobbled up to the second floor and found a room with mold in the bathroom, the bathroom sink was in the bedroom and a wallpaper job (in the corner by the desk) that looked like it was done by a first grader. When I tried to get onto the internet I found out that there was a password and had to call the front desk (the surly front desk person did not say anything about internet access password at check-in. The next morning I was awakened at 7:00AM by a truck backing into the construction area. I decided to take a shower before breakfast and the but had a VERY slow drain. Water from the shower got about ankle deep by the time she shower ended. The breakfast, if you want to call it that, was served in a converted hotel room rather than a true 'breakfast area. All-in-all, a very unpleasant stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Staybridge Suites Davenport
Staybridge Suites Davenport
#12 of 26 in Davenport
Baymont Inn & Suites Davenport

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Riverview? Share your experiences!