“Never staying again”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Le Mars
Badger, Iowa, USA
“Never staying again”
Reviewed 15 July 2012

We thought that econo lodge would be decent as we had stayed at several before that were good. We did not feel like staying in the mom and pop hotel. but definitely will not return to this hotel again.
We found the hallway to smell of paint, the room had a musty smell and the floor/carpet felt damp. The mattress were the most disgusting ones I had ever seen in a hotel. The mattresses were stained and lumpy. The stains could be seen even on the box spring upon pulling back the comforters. I am no certain if there were bed bugs, but just could not feel clean in the room for trying. I wanted to take a shower but given the dingy dirty bathroom opted not to - figured I could wait until I got home.
The outside door was supposed to be locked but found that it was taped and never needed a key to get in. The only decent thing I can say about the hotel is the breakfast was fair.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Iowa
Reviewed 3 May 2012

Just stayed one night on a business trip. Had a lower floor corner room with 1 queen bed. The room was ok, bed comfortable, internet was good, a/c worked fine. TV was outdated, but channel selection was good. Bathroom was small and the water flow in the shower was so constricted by 'water saving head' that I could bearly was my hair. The breakfast was forgettable, but there is Hardee's right next door. But for $50, you get what you pay for.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Texas
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Was not the best by far rooms were semi clean found a few hairs on the sheets the shower didnt look like it was cleaned The staff waswilling to talk must have been bored and when got to talking they seem to know things you shouldnt tell customers about very umprofessional way to flirty with me I think if i sk she would have followed me to my room for a good time and made comments that made me feel very uncomfortable as a male and that takes alot. I am sorry but I thought econo lodge was a Good hotel I didnt want to stay in a mom and pop hotel next time i might

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Le Mars hotels

Leavenworth
Reviewed 22 November 2011

Okay, it's not awful. But I've had the worst hotel nights of sleep. The mattress is uncomfortable. The pillows are crappy. At least the linens are decent?

The shower is nearly wholly inadequate. There's enough room, sure, and the showerhead is mounted sufficiently far enough up, but it's dark and the water pressure/flow is abysmal.

The room is small, as is the bathroom.

The hallway was very poorly lit and it was cold.

Also - the outside door had a lock, to be opened with a room key - but I never found it locked.

Room Tip: No matter what floor you're on, there are steps. Half set down to the first floor, half set up t...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 4 November 2010

This was ine of the worst placed I have ever stayed. Bugs. The room smelled like old paint, the staff was rude, and slow. The outside door locks didn't work, so the place was not really secure, All in all the best thing for this place would be a bulldozer.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Pacific Ocean
Reviewed 13 August 2009

This was a very basic motel and not within walking distance of anything by other motels and fast food restaurants. The room was adequate and very clean, but small with a window at street level.

I was particularly looking forward to the breakfast, which I read here was above average and included waffles. It wasn't and it didn't. Just the same old stuff.

The pool area looked nice, but we didn't really check it out (indoors). There is a big WalMart right behind it, which is great if you are a WalMart fan (I am not).

I wanted to check out the recommended steak restaurant in town, but we got there too late and ended up eating at Arby's, which was a disappointment.

On the plus side, I do think the price here was much better than most of the motels in the area.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Iowa
Reviewed 2 June 2008

I stayed at this hotel and it was great! I have no complaints at all. I really enjoyed the biscuits and gravy breakfast. It was so nice to not spend the extra money eating out for at least one meal! We were in town unexpectedly for a funeral, so every little bit helps. The staff could not have been more accomodating to us. They were very helpful in making sure my family had rooms close together. We stayed in non smoking rooms, which their ground floor is completely non smoking, which was great because I have severe allergies. Our rooms were very nice and most importantly CLEAN! I've travelled alot and this is one of the best hotels I've ever stayed at.

• Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Le Mars
#1 of 2 in Sioux Center
Hometown Guesthouse
Hometown Guesthouse
#1 of 1 in Marcus

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!