“sunday brunch”

Decker Hotel
Ranked #2 of 25 Restaurants in Maquoketa
Price range: US$8 - US$22
Cuisines: American
Description: A classic hotel in the heart of the Midwest. At Decker Hotel, we invite you to rest, relax and capture the spirit of Maquoketa's history. From the moment you step into the lobby and are greeted by our grand staircase, you'll know you've arrived at a special place. Located in the heart of our downtown since 1875, our charming hotel offers 17 rooms and specialty suites. From our classic restaurant to our neighborhood pub, guests can revel in the care and company that only true Midwestern hospitality can provide.
Maquoketa
“sunday brunch”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

One of the best breakfasts in Maquoketa- had good service and variety of food-also could have an omelet made to order at brunch-coffee is real good-and comes with brunch. This has a very relaxing & quieter, historic atmosphere to eat breakfast in as it is not as noisy as some restaurants are-It is like what you get in Europe restaurants where people are quieter when they eat. .

• Visited May 2014

Virden, Illinois, United States
“Enjoyed the ambience”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

As someone who adores great historical sites, I loved the décor, furniture etc. Service was pretty good and food not bad. It won't win any awards, but if you have time and want to enjoy a historical place, I would stop by.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Cindy L
Mpls, MN
“Food was OK, service was poor”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I thought my Rueben was pretty good. My wife observed that the lettuce in my side salad "had seen better days." Her sweet potato fries were good. We were there on a Saturday night, maybe 8 tables with people and 3 or 4 servers. After our food came, no one ever came to the table -- no refill on the ice tea, no check. After 10 minutes I went over to the cashier and asked for pay my bill.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank mbyrnefire
Monmouth Twp. IA
“Embarrassed”
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Took relatives to restuaurant as we always have when in town. Had a ribeye, worst steak I have ever had. Rest of party did not have any better. Don't know if I'll ever return! Complete waste of money and very embarrassed to have taken them there. Made up for it next morning, went to Flapjacks for breakfast. Wish I had taken them there previous night!

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank EC C
mikeq1948, Owner at Decker Hotel, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
We want you back. I apologize for your bad experience in our restaurant . We have made quite a few changes since then. We have hired new cooks, waitresses and hostess to be sure our customers get the best experience when dining with us. I invite you to come back and enjoy a Ribeye Steak dinner with us on the house. I am confident that the changes and additions we have made to both our staff and menu will meet with your expectations. We look forward to your return.
branson, mo
“Runnnnnnnn!”
Reviewed 9 June 2013 via mobile

Family lives in town and were visiting. We were on day 16 of 18 day trip. Family reluctantly took us here as they had not been to in years. Waitress was fine but reAson we were only ones there. Food was worst of whole trip. No one had a good meal even the kids would not eat.

• Visited June 2013