“Friendly service and the best margaritas in town.”
Review of El Perico - CLOSED

El Perico
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 31 January 2014

They offer a large menu with many seafood options. Everything I've tried had been delicious. Their margaritas are the best in cedar rapids.

There are newer reviews for El Perico

Reviewed 11 January 2014

We stopped here after reading the other reviews. Concerned about the wait time some people complained about I set the timer on my phone. It took 19 minutes for our food to reach the table.

We were seated immediately when we walked in the door.

The food is delicious and so fresh tasting! You could really tell it was homemade and fresh.

If we lived in the area this would be our "go to" Mexican restaurant.

Try it. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

We had a nice lunch. Had a BOGO coupon so ate two lunches for $6 plus tip. Good service. I had the chicken enchiladas with mole. The mole had good depth of flavor. This place is one of the better choices for Mexican food in the metro area.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

Just to do something different, we tried out this Mexican restaurant after multiple recommendations. YUM! My partner and I ordered drinks (get the one that is made in the terra cotta cup, so fresh!) snacked on chips and salsa until our "Seafood for Two" dish made it's way to our table. I let our a 'holy [--]' as the giant warming contraption filled to the brim with crab legs, shrimp, scallops, tilapia all swimming in an amazing sauce. Rice and refried beans, along with six pieces of crusty bread also graced our table. We devoured the seafood an rolled out of the restaurant. This meal could easily fill three or four people's bellies. Mojito's are hand mixed using fresh ingredients. Cozy and off the beaten path. Authentic!

Reviewed 12 August 2013

El Perico is located near the downtown Marion Square. This used to be a combination market and restaurant, but has been remodeled to seat more people in three distinct areas. The staff is very friendly and the food is superb and cooked fresh for each and every order. The food is delcious and definitely worth the wait of the cooking time! My favorites are Chicken Flautas and Chicken Enchiladas with verde sauce. The fresh salsa is top notch and chips have that hint of real lime flavor. This is the only place I go for good Mexican food!