“Couple of problems”

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Marshalltown
Waterloo, Iowa
“Couple of problems”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

this hotel just opened recently, we had a problem with the shower not working and the pool was closed. they ran out of food at the breakfast and would not refill. Hopefully they will get it worked out.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Robert Q
Liz W, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Marshalltown, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Thank you for completing a review reguarding your recent stay with us. I aplogize for the situations you mentioned in your review. I always appreciate when a guest brings a concern to our attention so we have the opportunity to correct it, make it right by you and use it as a learning experience.
I apologize that they pool was not in operation during your stay. The safety of our guests is our number one concern. We had a light in the pool that was pulled out exposing dangerous electrical wires. It was repaired that following Monday. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this caused you. I know this does not make up for the problem but I hope in some small way it helped.
If I can be of further assistance don't hesitate to contact me at any time. We look forward to your next visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Mckinnry, United States
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This hotel was so clean and accommodating. Great staff that was very friendly and helpful. This place was very quiet and I slept so well. The beds are very comfortable. I would reccomend this hotel to anyone and will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Cynthia M
Liz W, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Marshalltown, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
I appreciate you taking time to complete a review regarding your recent stay with us in Marshalltown. I’m happy to hear that we delivered to you a clean and comfortable room. Those Serta Perfect Sleeper mattresses are hard to beat and I’m glad you were comfortable. Our goal is to receive feedback like yours. We look forward to your next stay. I do hope it is soon.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Overall, this was a very comfortable hotel. I arrived at 1:30 for a 4:00 check in time and they were able to accommodate me within 15 mins I was settling in my room which I appreciated as I had to get ready for a wedding. Rooms are large but seemed sparsely furnished. It felt more like staying in someone's guest bedroom than a hotel. Bed was extremely comfortable and hotel was very quiet even though I saw several families with young children on my floor. All of the public areas were great. Loved that the pool was open until midnight but would have appreciated an adults only time as there were screaming kids running around right up until closing time. Breakfast was nothing fancy but anytime there are some hot options and fresh fruit it's a win. I'd stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank liaspe
Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites of Marshalltown and also for taking the time to complete a review regarding your stay with us. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you had the opportunity to enjoy our pool area. I’m proud of the customer service my staff delivers and I’m glad to her that you agree. We look forward to your next stay with us.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This Hampton is a recent addition to the hotels along Iowa Avenue in Marshalltown. Very nice rooms, nice doors (heavy and wood) and a fan in the bathroom. A little noisy in the morning but quiet at night.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank JJC186
Liz W, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Marshalltown, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites of Marshalltown and also for taking the time to complete a review regarding your stay with us. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your next stay with us.
Waterloo, United States
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Room was more expensive than any other hotel in the area. It had no fridge, 8 tv channels that looked snowy, loud at night-sounded like a herd of elephants overhead at 3 am. Poor breakfast. Juice machine out of juice and no staff manning the area to restock items. room was average and definitely not worth the $100 price tag. Have stayed at $55 hotels and gotten much better.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Dixie C
I appreciate the feedback given in your review. We always strive to better ourselves and adding an upgraded channel selection including new HD channels is on its way. I apologize that some of our channels were not available during your stay but I hope by the next time you visit our new lineup will be up and running and you will have over 50 channels to choose from. We do have a full time breakfast hostess and I apologize that she may not have been available while you were in the breakfast area. Thank you again for the feedback. We look forward to your next visit to the area.
Creston, United States
Reviewed 8 May 2014

This was our 1st time staying with a Hampton Hotel. It was wonderful & we will be staying in them again! The only bad thing was trying to find the driveway to get into the hotel. Wish there would of been a sign. Everything was excellent!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

2 Thank David R
Thank you for completing a review regarding your recent stay with us in Marshalltown. I can understand your frustration regarding the entry into our property. We are hoping with new development coming to our area, a new more visible entrance will be in our near future. Our goal for every guest is a clean and friendly environment during every stay. I’m pleased to hear we delivered that to you. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Kansas City, Kansas
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I've stayed and many Hampton Inns over the last few years and this one was over all very nice, including a guest laundry room which we needed. I had no issues with anything except for the breakfast. The tasteless powdered eggs they served were the consistency of Jello and there was no gravy for the biscuits. So when I went to look for butter for the biscuits instead, it was tucked away in the small fridge hard to find. The one saving grace was the oatmeal. It's hard to mess up oatmeal though. We stayed 2 nights so the next morning after we found the same situation, we went to Perkins across the street. Again, my stay overall was great, we just had to find an alternative to breakfast.

• Stayed May 2014
I appreciate the feedback given in your review. I apologize that our breakfast did not exceed your expectations. We always strive to better ourselves in every way. We recently added fresh cut fruit, fancy breads and “crack your own” eggs. These are only a couple new additions to our complimentary breakfast. Again, I apologize that you did not have a good experience while staying with us. I’m happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope we will be seeing you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marshalltown
Baymont Inn & Suites Marshalltown
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grinnell
Motel 6 Marshalltown
Motel 6 Marshalltown
#7 of 11 in Marshalltown

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Marshalltown? Share your experiences!