“Good Overall”

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Marshalltown
Cedar Rapids
“Good Overall”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

NIce clean and spacious room, no complaints. Breakfast was good, coffee just ok. Hot tub was closed for 'health reason\concerns" Pool was busy on Friday night due to many sports events happening the next day - in the evening the pool area ran out of towels for a bit - lots of chemicals in the pool, only real issue there.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Liz W, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Marshalltown, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review regarding your recent stay with us. All feedback is appreciated and taken into consideration to help us improve. I apologize that the spa was not in operation during your stay. The safety of our guests is always our number one concern and we were unable to open the spa until chemicals levels were at safe levels for our guests. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this caused you but I'm happy to hear the remainder of your stay was good. If I can be of further assistance don't hesitate to contact me at any time. We look forward to your next visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

Jeri at the front desk made it worth staying at this hotel. She was a wonderful young lady who took great care to make our stay wonderful. Rooms are spacious and housekeeping does a wonderful job. Definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank kooley_s
Liz W, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Marshalltown, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Thank you for staying with us recently and for completing a review regarding your stay. I also appreciate you complimenting our staff. They work hard to provide you with excellent service during your stay and being recognized is always appreciated. Our goal is to receive positive feedback like this. We look forward to accommodating you again on your return to Marshalltown.
Duluth, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

The hotel was fine overall. We were traveling with an infant and the room did not come with a refrigerator. Most Hampton Inns have refrigerators, so we were keenly disappointed that this hotel did not offer that. Otherwise, the hotel was fine and the staff was very friendly.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Liz W, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Marshalltown, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Thank you for staying with us recently and for completing a review about your stay. I also appreciate you complimenting our staff. They work hard to provide our guests with excellent service during their stay and being recognized is always appreciated. I apologize that your room did not have a refriderator. We do offer suites that have the mircrowave and refridgerator included. When planning your next visit with us I would highly reccomend looking into a suite which may accomodate your needs better. We look forward to accommodating you again on your return to Marshalltown.
Berthoud, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

I've come to really rely on the quality of Hampton hotels while on the road. This hotel does not disappoint. Very clean, professional staff, good location. What really struck me was how quiet my room was.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Henry D
I appreciate you taking time to complete a review regarding your recent stay with us in Marshalltown. I’m happy to hear that we delivered to you a clean and comfortable room. I’m also happy to hear that you had a good experience with my staff. They are proud of what they do. Our goal is to receive feedback like yours. We look forward to your next stay. I do hope it is soon.
Waterloo, Iowa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

this hotel just opened recently, we had a problem with the shower not working and the pool was closed. they ran out of food at the breakfast and would not refill. Hopefully they will get it worked out.

1 Thank Robert Q
Thank you for completing a review reguarding your recent stay with us. I aplogize for the situations you mentioned in your review. I always appreciate when a guest brings a concern to our attention so we have the opportunity to correct it, make it right by you and use it as a learning experience.
I apologize that they pool was not in operation during your stay. The safety of our guests is our number one concern. We had a light in the pool that was pulled out exposing dangerous electrical wires. It was repaired that following Monday. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this caused you. I know this does not make up for the problem but I hope in some small way it helped.
Mckinnry, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

This hotel was so clean and accommodating. Great staff that was very friendly and helpful. This place was very quiet and I slept so well. The beds are very comfortable. I would reccomend this hotel to anyone and will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Cynthia M
Liz W, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Marshalltown, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
I appreciate you taking time to complete a review regarding your recent stay with us in Marshalltown. I’m happy to hear that we delivered to you a clean and comfortable room. Those Serta Perfect Sleeper mattresses are hard to beat and I’m glad you were comfortable. Our goal is to receive feedback like yours. We look forward to your next stay. I do hope it is soon.
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

Overall, this was a very comfortable hotel. I arrived at 1:30 for a 4:00 check in time and they were able to accommodate me within 15 mins I was settling in my room which I appreciated as I had to get ready for a wedding. Rooms are large but seemed sparsely furnished. It felt more like staying in someone's guest bedroom than a hotel. Bed was extremely comfortable and hotel was very quiet even though I saw several families with young children on my floor. All of the public areas were great. Loved that the pool was open until midnight but would have appreciated an adults only time as there were screaming kids running around right up until closing time. Breakfast was nothing fancy but anytime there are some hot options and fresh fruit it's a win. I'd stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank liaspe
Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites of Marshalltown and also for taking the time to complete a review regarding your stay with us. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you had the opportunity to enjoy our pool area. I’m proud of the customer service my staff delivers and I’m glad to her that you agree. We look forward to your next stay with us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marshalltown
Baymont Inn & Suites Marshalltown
Motel 6 Marshalltown
Motel 6 Marshalltown
#8 of 11 in Marshalltown
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grinnell

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Marshalltown? Share your experiences!