“BEST hotel in the Area”

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Marshalltown
McKinney, Texas, United States
“BEST hotel in the Area”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

The Marshalltown Hampton is the best hotel in the Area. Great Rooms, Breakfast, Pool and Exercise area. They have outsatnding Staff and you can tell this hotel is well managed. PS - the outside parking lot and surrounging grounds and are in top shape

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Liz W, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Marshalltown, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
I appreciate you taking time to complete a review regarding your recent stay with us in Marshalltown. I’m happy to hear that we delivered to you a clean and comfortable room and an overall great experience while visiting us. I always enjoy and appreciate when my staff is complimented. They work hard to provide our guests with a personalized experience that is memorable. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Omaha
Reviewed 17 August 2014

This hotel is convenient if you're just going through Marshalltown or staying there for a few days. I had a king room which was large but lacked any seating options other than the desk chair and a very hard straight back chair. The breakfast was good and the breakfast staff were very nice.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites of Marshalltown and also for taking the time to complete a review regarding your stay with us. I’m happy to hear that you had a good overall experience and that you enjoyed your interaction with my staff. I’m proud of the customer service my staff delivers and I’m glad to her that you agree. We look forward to your next stay with us.
Little Elm, United States
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Pros: I loved the room. Comfy pillows, clean sheets, lots of soft towels. Nice flat screen tv with Directv but only HBO for movie channels. Nice amenities in the room, lobby and dining area. Cons: Room needs mini-fridge. Only HBO for movies. Hallways and elevator were extremely hot, almost like there was no climate control for these areas. Elevator is ridiculously slow. You will find value and speed in taking the stairs, even if you are on the fourth floor.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I appreciate the feedback given in your review. We always strive to better ourselves and adding an upgraded channel selection including new HD channels is finally here. We now have over 140 channels to choose from. I’m happy to hear that we delivered to you a clean and comfortable room. Those Serta Perfect Sleeper mattresses are hard to beat and I’m glad you were comfortable. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to your next stay.
Davenport, United States
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Great stay and cordial staff. Comfortable. There aren't many hotels to choose from in Marshalltown. I have stayed at others and prefer this hotel to the other hotels that I have stayed in. Internet access was easy and the complimentary breakfast had SO many choices!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I appreciate the feedback given in your review. We always strive to better ourselves and adding fresh cut fruit and “crack your own” eggs are only a couple new additions to our complimentary breakfast. I’m happy to hear you enjoyed your breakfast and your stay with us. I hope we will be seeing you again soon.
Davenport, Iowa
Reviewed 12 August 2014

This was our 3rd stay here, we have a family reunion every August in LeGrand so 7 of us stay here. The only complaint I have is trying to find the drive to the motel, missed it twice, it needs a larger sign since at night it is very hard to see and there is very little street lighting on the road in that area. Other than that, we have always had a great experience staying here, all of the staff are very friendly and accommodating. We will be staying here again next August.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Liz W, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Marshalltown, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Thank you for completing a review regarding your recent stay with us in Marshalltown. I can understand your frustration regarding the entry into our property. We are hoping with new development coming to our area, a new more visible entrance will be in our near future. Our goal for every guest is a clean and friendly environment during every stay. I’m pleased to hear we delivered that to you. We look forward to seeing you next August.
Missouri Valley, Iowa, United States
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We stayed here August 7th were very pleased with our room and the employees. We will definitely stay there the next time we are in the area. After having a problem with our room, the employee on duty brought a cart to our room and proceeded to help us move to another room. She also gave us complimentary goodies and bottled water. This was beyond what we expected!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us recently and for completing a review about your stay. I also appreciate you complimenting our staff. They work hard to provide you with excellent service during your stay and being recognized is always appreciated. I am sorry to hear that there was a problem with your room. I am happy to hear that we were able to solve the problem to your satisfaction. We look forward to accommodating you again on your return to Marshalltown.
Reviewed 8 August 2014

When we arrived at the hotel we were surprised to see how nice and clean everything was. We had a very nice receptionist attend us immediately. The service was very great there. Whenever we needed something the receptionists helped right away. The hotel rooms were the nicest I've seen from a hotel, clean, organized, and pretty. We had a family of four staying in one room and had no problems with anything. There were lots of power sources to plug things into and you even get free wifi with a room. The pool and whirlpool here was very nice and clean and stays open late so if you can't get back early and want to swim you don't have to worry. I also liked how the people staying here were very polite and professional i.e. no kids running around screaming in the hallways. The food here was top-notch in terms of hotel food, with a large variety. The coffee was great too. Overall, we had absolutely no complaints with this hotel and would recommend it to anyone with any reason for travel.

Room Tip: All rooms are worth the money