“Very Very great”

Rodeway Inn & Suites near Okoboji Lake
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Milford
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I stayed in the Rodeway Inn in Milford Iowa and when I called to ask about pricing the owner was very nice and helpful. She had given me a price and I shared with her the amount that I had to spend and she adjusted her rates according to the budget I had available to me. I thought that was the greatest thing someone in this business could do for a customer. When I arrived and checked into my room it was beautiful and very cozy. Then after staying here we decided to stay an additional night and since they had the room we were in booked they upgraded us to a better room for the same price. It was awesome. I would recommend staying at this hotel if anyone was ever going to be in Milford.

Room Tip: Upstairs in the main building are very quiet and cozy.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Bojitourguide, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites near Okoboji Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Thank you for your kind words as we strive to make each and every one of our guests comfortable and provide them with a great stay. We look forward to having you stay with us again!

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Very nice Rodeway. The room I was in was more like a Comfort Inn than a Rodeway. I am always leery of Rodeway or Econo despite staying at Choice properties on a regular basis.

There are several buildings and I am sure that can be confusing but the main building was very nice. The owners, from France, were very attentive and definitely take care of the property.

No issues with internet. There are several places to eat in Milford or Arnold's Park.

Only issue--even though I was on backside of hotel--the road noise was sometimes irritating.

I would stay there again in schedule permits.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Bojitourguide, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites near Okoboji Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words. Many times people will not respond because they had a wonderful experience, as they should have. So when we do hear a response that mirrors our efforts we applaud you for taking the time to say so!

Reviewed 25 November 2013

I stayed at Rodeway Inn in Milford for a business trip for several days in a row. I found the staff very informative as they really helped me get around in an area which I was unfamiliar. They told me about some great places to eat and to visit when I was finished working at the end of the day. My room was a nice size so I didn't feel cramped and I was actually very comfortable. Plus, the cost was very affordable and I loved the convenient location. I would not hesitate to stay there again if work takes me that way. Thanks for the wonderful experience!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your compliments. Our staff strives to make each an every stay a comfortable and positive one, and comments like yours help maintain that mind set. We appreciate your business and look forward to providing you with another fine stay in the future.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

My daughter and I stay at Rodeway Inn in Milford because it is clean, and we love their pool and spa! The price fits in our budget so that we can come three or four times a year just to get away and have a little mother-daughter time. My daughter loves the biscuits and gravy for breakfast, and the waffles too. It's also close to the amusement park and not too far from the children's theatre and mini golf which we enjoy as well. Even though those things are closed for the season, it is still nice to spend the day at the pool and then cuddle up in their big soft beds and just relax for a few days.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the main building.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Bojitourguide, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites near Okoboji Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Thank you for your kind words as we continually strive to make each and every one of our guests both comfortable and happy. Knowing that we have become a part of your annual activities lets us know that we are indeed an extension of your family and that means a great deal to us. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to make your stay more enjoyable...and let us know if we can help arrange a pool party for your little one's birthday or other family event.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Between motel6 and super 8 pricing with Americinn quality - this was a surprise and not what we were expecting at all - and included breakfast. The room appeared new and had everything we needed. The breakfast was basic but cereal and toast was enough for us. We arrived in town late and parked up to ring hotels - even though town had emptied for the end of the holiday others still wanted holiday prices but rodeway inn even gave us a discount!

• Stayed: September 2013
Bojitourguide, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites near Okoboji Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2013

Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate late travelers, as it's not the destination, but the journey that leads us to new and exciting places. Our goal is to make our guests comfortable, without cramping their wallets. We look forward to you staying with us again!

Reviewed 24 August 2013

there were 3 of us for an anniversary occassion and we found from the beginning making the reservations through the stay, it was very very nice...they worked with me on the pricing and the required 2 night stay...(we needed only one), and the type of room..when we arrived they were friendlym courteous and went one step better on the room itself in proximity on premise.
the breakfast buffet was nice and complete, rooms clean and well appointed.. also liked the location...near a grocery store and on the hwy into all the lake attractions..will call again

Room Tip: just keep working with them and ask for better..one night , not two etc..they were obliging
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for your posting! We certainly appreciate it when our guests let us know that we are doing our jobs to the best of our abilities. We try our best to be a hotel that is concerned more with the comfort of our guests than filling the rooms, and it's nice to know that we are getting it right. Looking forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed 20 August 2013

Where to start. Well first off I would not really recommend this place. I could have sworn that we were told the rooms were going to be $99 and when we checked in the prices were $129. When I asked about it I was just told that they had to make up for the winter and that it was near all the "resorts." Well that may be the case but this was definitely not a resort. If you get stuck in the old motel across the street there is no cross walk and you have to cross a VERY busy street/highway to get to the pool, breakfast, etc. We got stuck in the room on the end near the Dairy Queen so we had the luxury of looking out our window to the dairy queen drive through.If you decided to sit outside your room, at least where we were, it was right next to the DQ parking lot so people would be sitting there eating their ice creams in their car next to us. There were some creeps hanging around in the parking lot when we arrived and a truck driver left his truck running next to our friends room on the other end all night making it a bit noisy for them. The room itself was clean, although you had to shimmy sideways to get between the bed and the dresser/tv stands. It looked like someone tried to punch a whole through the bathroom door from the damage that was done to the door and our sink wouldn't drain. The bathroom seemed to have been remodeled recently and had a nice standing rain shower but no tub. Apparently that depends on the room you are in. The pictures posted seem to be a bit misleading. Overall it was okay, but it just reminded me more of a trucker motel. The price just seems way too high for what you are getting.

Room Tip: Stay in the main hotel, not in the older one across the street.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Katie R

Thank you for your posting. This property is a hodge podge, but we have developed more rooms for more guests, and generally during the summer we are full, just as the other hotels throughout the area are, just as we were the weekend you were here during the Victory Motorcycle Rally, which is a huge boon for our area. We do have rooms across the highway, and we are unable to put a crosswalk there because it is not a through street; we have tried. What we can do is offer those rooms at a lesser price, which we do. Although we strive to make each and every one of our guests comfortable, we would encourage you to let us know that you are unhappy while you are still here so we may address your concerns at that time. As for the sink, it has a pressure stopper in it so all you need to do is push on it and it will come up. If you had wanted a room with a tub in it, we could have more than likely accomodated you. Again, I do appreciate your comments as it brings these things to light and we can now address them.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Milford
Inn at Okoboji
Ramada Spirit Lake/Okoboji
#2 of 5 in Spirit Lake
Days Inn Hotel Spencer IA
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Okoboji

Been to Rodeway Inn & Suites near Okoboji Lake? Share your experiences!