“fabulous and friendly”

Brook House - Luxury Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dunholme
Brook House - Luxury Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Dunholme B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 May 2012

Brook House has got to be one of the best places I've ever stayed. There were seven of us in our party and we booked in for the night before my sister in law's wedding. All of the bridal party had a wonderful evening in front of the log fire and then in the games room. It was a fantastic place for us all to get ready in the morning and I'm sure we're going to have some amazing photos of the preparations!
Our hosts were warm, welcoming and friendly and the breakfast they prepared for us all in the morning was wonderful. I can't recommend Brook House highly enough and have already started working on my husband in the hope he might book it for our anniversary!
Wonderful!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 1 February 2012

Gorgeous B&B. By far the nicest B&B building I've ever stayed in. It was a little difficult to find even with a sat nav so probably worth getting directions when you book. It's down a lovely country lane next to a babbling brook. My room was huge and the bathroom just as big. I was amazed at the size of the bed and the bath! The bed was the most comfortable bed I've ever been in!
The pool was a great bonus and I had a couple of lovely swims. I can imagine how wonderful the pool area would be in the summer as it opens onto their huge garden which would be great in the summer months. The changing room for the pool needs a bit of work.
The owners were very helpful and friendly.
Being a single person I felt a bit like I was intruding in someone's home but I don't think I would feel this if I was travelling in a pair or group. I tend to feel like this in B&Bs but not in hotels. I still enjoyed my stay and Brook House was gorgeous. I would recommend this place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 November 2011

If you are looking for accomodation in the Lincoln area then Brook House is a must. It is a large, comfortable, detached Country House, beautifully furnished and well equipped with such friendly and welcoming hosts.
We were there for a family party in Lincoln and occupied the Superior King size room. My daughter & family had the family room (2 adults and 2 children aged 9 & 12) and my son took one of the double rooms. All the bedrooms were very large as were all the luxurious bathrooms and everywhere was spotlessly clean. The beds were roomy and very comfortable and tea and coffee facilities were provided in the rooms and kept well stocked.
There is a guest lounge which is large and very comfortable with a wood burning stove that made it very cosy on a winter night.
The breakfasts were delicious and beautifully cooked, plenty of choice and we were not rushed at all.
All of this would be enough to make us return but there are all the extra facilities as well which make this such a special B & B. The large heated indoor pool area is amazing, again luxuriously appointed with sauna, changing room and hot tub in the garden just outside. Overlooking the pool is a huge games room with full sized snooker table, darts board, rowing machine, bar and fridge and in the corner there is a Wurlitzer Juke Box which was great fun and you can select and play your music free of charge.
We have stayed in numerous B & B's all over the world and value for money this is about the best.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 August 2011

Brook House lies in a semi-rural location on the
edge of Dunholme Village just north-east of Lincoln.

It is a large detached family home set in sizeable
grounds, at the end of a small lane that is accessed
through the brook across a quaint little ford ... it isn't
deep, about a couple of inches ... and is perhaps a
little difficult to find but well worth the effort !

There is good, secure parking ( behind electric gates
to which you are given a remote control ) on a gravelled
forecourt. The house itself is spacious, there is a large
and comfortable lounge available for guests, and of
course the snooker room, sauna, hot tub and pool !

Our room was large, with an enormous (and very
comfortable) bed and tea and coffee provided. There was
a very modern and stylish bathroom.

Everything is in impeccable order, the standards here are
very high indeed.

Breakfast was very good, served in the conservatory that
looks out over the garden.

We noticed the Tripadvisor logo on the door, and there is
a card on the Reception table that actually
invites you to send in a review ... we now know why !

We cannot recommend Brook House highly enough, it really
is superb ...

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2011

We booked a Superior King Size room, the room was very spacious, clean and tidy, with TV, tea/coffe making facilities. The bed was extremely comfortable. The bathroom was very large, with shower cubicle, 2 wash basins, and a bath that you could squeeze 3 people into (if you're into that kind of thing!).

There was also an indoor swimming pool for guests to use, along with an outdoor hot tub, which was nice and warm on a typical British summer's day in August (damp and cold). There was also a games room featuring a full size snooker table, jukebox, a fridge for guests to put drinks in, and a darts table.

The cooked breakfast was delicious and was served in the conservatory.

If we are in the Lincoln area again, we will be back.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2011

Stayed here for two nights whilst attending a conference at the nearby Riseholm conference centre (part of the university of Lincoln). This place is a real gem! The bedrooms are everything you would expect from a major luxury hotel, plus there is a lovely lounge, an elegant dining room and a conservatory room, all for the use of guests. (There are five rooms for rent). In addition, there is a large swimming pool, a sauna and a games room with snooker table, for use of guests at no extra charge.. All at very reasonable rates. The breakfasts are great and the owners very friendly and helpful. The house is even set in lovely grounds in a nice villoage setting. I could not find a single thing that they had forgotten.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 April 2011

Travelled with my Son last week to Lincoln, 3 hour drive from Heathrow thru rain and murk - arrived at Brook House and was thoroughly impressed; the web site does not do it justice, Amanda is a gracious hostess, the house is lovely, our room was amazing - great facilities, fantastic views and extremely comfortable.

Breakfast was absolutely brilliant - we stayed four nights in four different establishments and this was by far and away the best breakfast!!!

Saddest part about the stay? We only had one night..!!

We will certainly be back for more.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family

Been to Brook House - Luxury Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!