“Outstanding Service and Welcoming Team of Staff”

Comfort Inn & Suites Mount Pleasant
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Our company works nearly every summer in this area and all times in the past we had stayed at the Best Western Mt. Pleasant. However this past summer after staying in the BW for a couple of nights of what is normally a 2-3 month stay, we found that it no longer met our expectations and I contacted the manager at Comfort Inn so that we might move to the Comfort Inn. The staff went out of their way to accommodate us on short notice. Although the price was slightly more than what we normally paid, it was well worth it. The entire staff were very friendly and became like our family for the entire span that we were there working (June-Mid August 2013). The hotel was very clean, well kept, and the room service was outstanding. The housekeeping staff clearly took pride in the job that they did, and it clearly showed. There was no riff-raff on the site and at night it was always quiet. I cannot say enough good about this hotel, but it will sum it up that these are wonderful dedicated people who I will certainly stay with again.

Room Tip: They have large studio type rooms that are a good bit roomier than the standard rooms, which worked...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Tiffany_Ford, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Mount Pleasant, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

We hope to see you next year!!! We miss the dynamic brother duo on 3rd floor and your puppies!! Thank you for the great review!! Hope all is well with you all! Call us when you are ready to come back!

Thank you again!
Tiffany Ford
319-385-0571

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn & Suites Mount Pleasant

Reviewed 30 October 2013

The staff at check in was very friendly and helpful, I believe her name was Melissa. Room was typical for this chain, we did not have shampoo either as another guest had said. Not a huge deal and also no Kleenex. I think the cleaning staff should double check rooms. Lots of pillows on the comfortable bed. Bedspread was extremely heavy, had to put it on the floor. Breakfast was really just average. I know for the money you can't expect much but when you aren't eating carbs, the selection is minimal. Wish they would include cottage cheese. Staff was friendly, pool doesn't look like it is ever used.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I stayed there last night. It was overall a nice hotel. All the major items were done well. The people i interfaced with were nice and pleasant. The Breakfast bar was good and plentiful. But i rate it average because of a number of little things. In my room there was no shampoo and no coffee condiments. The room itself was clean and neat but attention to details goes a long way. if these visible little things are missing what else did they not pay attention to.
The pool area was cluttered and had several cones seemingly random in the pool area. The pool shower was not available since they were using the area for storage.

With a little more attention to details this would have been a higher rating.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 October 2013 via mobile

Service was really good and friendly. Beds were comfortable. Rooms were clean. The price was about right for what we received. The only thing that needs considerable work is the breakfast. It was terrible. Even for an inexpensive hotel breakfast it was terrible. It wasn't fresh and the eggs were absolutely terrible. I would stay again but go out for breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 27 September 2013

This was a somewhat new hotel. The room was OK. The staff was friendly.. The place was clean and neat. The place was quiet. the "free hot breaKfast" was marginal to say the least, but still free so the price was right..

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Mary Beth B, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Mount Pleasant, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Hi,
Thank you for taking the time to put a review online for us... I value the guests opinions, and often use these reviews to grow my staff through ongoing training. You had written that our breakfast was "marginal", and we are trying to figure out how we can improve our breakfast. Could you please contact me so we could visit about specific breakfast items that we could add?
Thanks,
Mary Beth B
(319)385-0571

Reviewed 27 August 2013

My parents had a 10 day standing reservation for every year when it was the Brazelton Hotel. After they both had passed away, I kept the reservation for my family. It was THE place to stay in Mount Pleasant. The owners and staff really knew hospitality and cleanliness... but once the ownership changed, so did the cleanliness, service and overall attitude. It all went down hill fast.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank briandsmia
Mary Beth B, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Mount Pleasant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Hi. My name is Mary Beth and I am the General Manager of the Comfort Inn and Suites of Mt. Pleasant, Iowa. I just read your review and I wanted to apologize that we failed to meet your expectations during your recent visit. I wanted to ask you also, specifically what issues you experienced during your stay? Our hotel works hard to achieve excellence status in all the areas you mentioned. I take our guests feedback very seriously, and often use it to further train my staff. I would appreciate it immensely if we could talk.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

The beds were comfortable and I love that the room had a pull out couch, a queen bed and a king bed for all 5 of us! The price was not bad for the space and beds! The room was very clean and the employees were pleasant. The fitness room kind of sucked. It was in the pool area so too hot for exercise and the treadmill was broken so I ended up going outside to run, which was fine but fix or replace the treadmill! The pool was nice and clean and the breakfast was a really great continental breakfast. I can't recall what was all on it but in my notes about the hotel I wrote awesome breakfast which means there was a lot to it and it was good! We definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
#2 of 11 in Burlington
Comfort Suites Burlington
Comfort Suites Burlington
#1 of 11 in Burlington

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Mount Pleasant? Share your experiences!