“Needs Help”

Hotel Muscatine Iowa
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Muscatine
Reviewed 12 September 2011

The staff is warm, friendly and helpful, but this hotel, build around an indoor swimming pool and other water features, has rooms with no windows, except those looking down on the pool. . As a result the whole place smells musty and smoky, despite the fact it's a non-smoking hotel. Odors apparently have no where to go, so they cling. The vending machines don't work, and the night I was there, a wedding reception had speakers the size of a 7-11. They shook the whole building and went on and on into the night.. I'd recommend travelers stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Nsorgen, Director of Sales at Hotel Muscatine Iowa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2012

We are sorry to hear that your stay was not enjoyable. We are upgrading the hotel and we hope you will try us again. Thank you-

Reviewed 10 August 2011

What a dump ! I checked in and there was no a/c and lobby was very hot and stunk like dirty laundry.The room was dirty and a/c was not working and stunk badly and very outdated. I noticed several repairs going on as I went to my room which made the place look unorganized and dirty.The front door had a sign that stated "Door is broken, please use other door" at the main entry, after that sign everything got worse ! I called the front desk and asked when the a/c would be fixed. They did not have an answer for me so I checked out .
GOD BLESS THIS MESS,
JN
SAN ANTONIO TEXAS AUGUST 2011

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank JAMESN68

We are sorry to hear that your stay was not enjoyable. We are upgrading the hotel and HAVC we hope you will try us again. Thank you-

Reviewed 6 December 2010

We came here after 2 days in the Fairfield Inn. We stayed at the FFI because it had better reviews than this hotel, but I much preferred this hotel to the FFI. This hotel had a beautiful indoor pool (spa was very old, too hot), and unlike the Fairfield Inn, this place had an on-site fitness centre! We only stayed here one night, so it wasn't enough to completely explore this hotel, but overall, I liked it better than the Fairfield.

As my title states, this hotel is outdated. The spa was very old, the tv was an old tv, and in general it was an old hotel, but it caused me no problem whatsoever.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank dombash1
Nsorgen, Manager at Hotel Muscatine Iowa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2011

Thank you for the responds. We are working on the out dated issue and hope to improve byt he end of 2011.

Reviewed 28 August 2010

I don't understand why there are any decent reviews for this place. I have stayed at other road motels for a much lower price that were MUCH cleaner.

This is a VERY old, very run-down, VERY dirty motel. On all of our other trips to Muscatine, we have stayed in the Fairfield Inn, which was immaculate and modern. Unfortunately, the Fairfield was all booked up during our two nights in Muscatine.

Our room, on the ground floor, leaked and was terribly musty. Unfortunately, when we asked for a room change due to the standing water next to the window, there were no other options as they were fully occupied.

The bathroom of our room was utterly disgusting. There were 4 pubic hairs on the bathroom floor behind the toilet when we arrived.

Everything was old and worn-out, including the furniture. Despite the fact that there were many TV channels on offer, none of them came in clearly and the TV was distorted.

The bed smelled really musty, the sheets were thread-bare, and the mattress was hard as a rock. The carpet was dingy and dirty.

There was standing water on the window sill every day we were there (it rained both nights we were at the hotel and the window leaked--badly).

Dirty and disgustingly run-down. Staff was not helpful in resolving the issues.

This motel does NOT deserve the carry the Holiday Inn name.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple

We are sorry to hear that you were not 100% satisfied with our hotel. We will be undergoing a renovation and hope that you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 13 July 2010

Built at the peak of the commerce boom in Muscatine, Iowa, the Holiday Inn is a bit dated. It has not been updated much, but it was a good quality building to start with, and has been fairly well maintained. The service staff does a good job, and the rooms are above average in cleanliness. The rates are good for the area. The grounds behind the hotel a quiet, green, and there is an adjacent pond with a variety of waterfowl that makes the setting idyllic. Plenty of free parking, but you may have to carry your luggage a ways to your room. Probably the most convenient location in Muscatine to access about anything you came for.

My only complaint was noise. I am not sure how rooms are assigned, but if it is important to you to have a quiet room to sleep or work, particularly on the weekends, you better ask the desk to give you the most remote room they have open. This is a "Hollidome" type concept hotel with a central commons area with a pool. The room next to ours had a "party hardy" group of about 10 people from maybe age 5 to age 30, and they ran about and generated a cacophony until well after 1:00 a.m. At that point, a complaint from the party across the hall from them brought mangement who requested they quiet down. The door then closed, but the party inside the room continued, albeit, at a somewhat less disturbing, but still quite audible level. I am not certain if the hotel has any limits on how many people are allowed to occupy a room.

The hotel bragged about the high speed internet service. The wireless adapter was actually in my room, but after several frustrating attempts to download a small file, I gave up. It was the worst internet service in any hotel in a long time. I tried the commons area and it was worse there. Constantly disconnecting and re-connecting me.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us and saying such nice things about us.

Reviewed 4 July 2010

It had been several years since we had stayed at the Muscatine Holiday Inn due to tiredness. however after seeing another hotel slide into tiredness, I tried the HI again as I visited my Mom for what would turn out to be for the last time. The HI had been freshened up nicely. New linens, towels along with Refrig and Microwave in rooms. As a tall guy, the shower head and curved shower rod served me well. th.e staff is friendly and we will stay there again during my 40th High School reunion this month.
The hotel is due for a more extensive renovation according to the staff. Then maybe they'll get the HI Sign. Best Wishes for an exciting upgrade, HI Muscatine!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 November 2009

I go to Muscatine probably once every six weeks from Michigan to visit my mother. She is in an assisted living facility. I have tried a good many hotels there, as you might imagine. Even though the Holiday Inn doesn't have a free breakfast, the excellent staff and amenities are so fine that I always end up back there. The dining room food is always perfectly prepared, and to take the sting out of your first breakfast (or other meal) there, they give you a $3 coupon to apply to your bill.

Their maintenance staff is on duty until very late at night and they are determined that everything meet your standards.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled solo