“Race Fever”
Review of Iowa Speedway

Iowa Speedway
Ranked #1 of 10 things to do in Newton
Reviewed 25 November 2013

My husband and I are huge race fans! Okay more my husband that myself, But we LOVE going to the races! I love going for the atmosphere and the people!! Great time for fun, friends, and racing!! We love to camp there, so we both recommend doing this if you can. They have room for campers or tents. I prefer a camper!! (; And if you get the chance ~ make sure to upgrade your tickets to Newton Club.

All reviews
in 19 reviews
"vendors"
"circuit"

Reviewed 21 October 2013

I purchased racing packages for my son and husband. They both had a great day of racing on a professional track. They received great driving instructions, got to wear a driver's suit and helmet. Got pictures taken and were able to hear the spotters give them instructions on passing, etc. The whole family was treated great and able to take our own pictures and videos. We had a great time.
New Virginia Family

Reviewed 21 October 2013

The experience we had at Rusty Wallace Driving Experience was entertaining and a check for the bucket list, but the place seemed to be unorganized and not smoothly ran, which was disappointing. For that much money we expected it to be much, much better. The drive/ride was great, the organization of the program needs a great deal of improvement. Don't expect anything special at this track.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

Overall: "A"
Participated in the Rusty Wallace Racing Experience this past weekend--it was a blast!! Although rained out on my scheduled day, I was able to reschedule for the following morning and all went without a hitch. Granted it's a bit pricey, but whether you're a NASCAR fan or not, highly recommend this just for the fun factor alone--where else could you strap into a no-kidding race car and zoom around the track as fast as you want to go?! Even the simple act of driving into the pit area is cool--you go through a tunnel and suddenly you're right in the middle of it all, hearing the cars roar around the track. They give you a very basic track familiarization and safety briefing before your "race," and then you go out to the pit area to get a helmet and overalls (nomex?) and wait your turn. In addition to your scheduled time, they also sell a "ride-along" (for ~3 laps) as a passenger with one of their professional drivers, which can be useful for showing you some pointers about the track and the perfomance of the car (and to trust the tires). Once it's your turn, they give you a one-way radio to put in your helmet (pit boss gives you hints about how you're driving, when someone needs to pass you, etc) and off you go. Definitely something I'd do again!

1  Thank Double_U_57