“Fun”
Review of Iowa Speedway

Iowa Speedway
Ranked #2 of 10 things to do in Newton
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Great place to visit. Great to have this in Newton. What a boost for the area. Gift shop is open everyday.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Here in Iowa, we're used to our hometown dirt tracks, and many of us don't have the chance to visit the big NASCAR speedways. Iowa Speedway is a nice combination of the two - a big time speedway with the hometown feel. While it doesn't have quite the spectator facilities of a top level speedway, it also doesn't have the crowds, and you don't have to walk 2 miles to get to the front gate (though latecomers may have to walk a ways).

I've seen the infield facilities, and they are top notch, akin to what you would find at the larger tracks. I've been to non-race events and meetings in the infield buildings, and they are first class.

For those who don't have the time or money to travel to the larger tracks in other states, or want to take your kids to a family-friendly venue, or perhaps get a taste of the big time before venturing to the mega-tracks, this is a great track to visit.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

My husband and I are huge race fans! Okay more my husband that myself, But we LOVE going to the races! I love going for the atmosphere and the people!! Great time for fun, friends, and racing!! We love to camp there, so we both recommend doing this if you can. They have room for campers or tents. I prefer a camper!! (; And if you get the chance ~ make sure to upgrade your tickets to Newton Club.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

I purchased racing packages for my son and husband. They both had a great day of racing on a professional track. They received great driving instructions, got to wear a driver's suit and helmet. Got pictures taken and were able to hear the spotters give them instructions on passing, etc. The whole family was treated great and able to take our own pictures and videos. We had a great time.
New Virginia Family

Reviewed 21 October 2013

The experience we had at Rusty Wallace Driving Experience was entertaining and a check for the bucket list, but the place seemed to be unorganized and not smoothly ran, which was disappointing. For that much money we expected it to be much, much better. The drive/ride was great, the organization of the program needs a great deal of improvement. Don't expect anything special at this track.

Been to Iowa Speedway? Share your experiences!