“SO HAPPY HERE”

Boulders Inn & Suites Newton
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Newton
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Fabulous place to stay. The rooms are very large and beautifully appointed. It is always very clean. The beds are wonderful.The staff are very helpful. There are really good restaurants at the next exit. There is no pool, but that means it is a quiet place to stay!! Love it every time we stay.

Room Tip: Some rooms have jetted tubs. The rooms on the back side of the building are away from the parking lo...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 February 2014

The hotel was clean and staff was friendly. There is no pool here, so it's not so great for families, but it's perfect for business, and it's also close to the highway. The rooms are huge. For the price, it's the best hotel in Newton.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 February 2014

I was looking for a nice quiet hotel in Newton and I remembered seeing a new hotel at the Iowa Speedway entrance.  I recalled that it was part of the Boulders Inn & Suites chain.  I have stayed at two other locations and really liked the rooms.  This room didn't disappoint.  The bed is soft and inviting especially when it's only -7 degrees outside.  The room was large and comfortable.  I drive a diesel truck and I was able to find an outlet on the side of the building to plug in my truck.  Finding a hotel with outlets to warm a diesel engine is rare.  My truck would not have started without the heater plugged in over night.  Jacee helped my locate a parking space near the outlet and book my room near my truck.  It's not a national chain and few travelers have found their hotels, but I'll stay at them when ever I find one on my route.

Room Tip: This hotel does not have a pool
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I stayed at the Boulders Inn & Suites, Newton for roughly three months during an extended business project. The Inn is brand new and the rooms are spacious, each with a small sofa, coffee table and an easy chair as well as a mini refrigerator, small microwave, a small breakfast bar and kitchen sink. Bathrooms are spacious with ample counter room; beds are super comfy with great pillows! The Inn provides a continental-style breakfast in the morning in a beautiful, spacious room with floor-to-ceiling windows and a beautiful deck overlooking the prairie behind the property. Would make a beautiful setting for a wedding and reception. The staff are attentive and caring and treat each guest like family. The property is very quiet, providing for a good night's rest. Because the property is so new (read: "CLEAN") the facility did not yet have a fitness room - which I really missed, no matter how small. There is another hotel property across the road from Boulders which I have also stayed at. Boulders is by far MUCH cleaner and modern and the staff will make sure you have everything you need!

Room Tip: I stayed in three different rooms and all were equally wonderful.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Very nice. Large room. Comfortable beds. Friendly staff. Only 40 or so rooms, so it is very quiet. I would definitely recommend this to a friend. Easy off and on to the highway. Breakfast was good. For a family of four, room was plenty spacious.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We stayed for a quick overnight while visiting relatives. The hotel is shiny and new. Still has the new hotel smell and feel. We were one of 4 rooms occupied. It was very quiet, heard a hoot owl out back. There is a fire pit that can be used in summer, overlooking a small pond. The complimentary hot breakfast was standard but nice. Eggs, sausage, waffle station etc. The room was spacious and very clean. The beds are very cushy and high, though I read you can get a step stool to get into them if needed. The cons: there is only 1 heater for the entire space, the bathroom though beautiful was FREEZING! They need to install heat lamps if they want people to stay in the winter. Also, forget about reading in bed, there is only 1 dim light between the beds. May or may not stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I am a minister from Illinois, and while on a trip to Missouri I had an emergency call and had to travel to Newton for a funeral. I can assure you that if or when I'm ever in Newton again, there is no other place I would even consider staying at - the Boulders Inn was absolutely outstanding for a very weary traveler. The room was superb, beds wonderful, the breakfast great... but by far - the service was the best I have ever had in all the motels I've stayed in - and I've stayed in a lot. From the manager & desk clerks to the ladies who cleaned my room - all were so helpful and went out of their way to make my stay pleasant & restful. I will continue to recommend this excellent motel to friends.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newton
Best Western Holiday Manor Newton
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Newton
Days Inn Newton
Days Inn Newton
#5 of 8 in Newton
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Colfax/Newton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grinnell
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Newton

Been to Boulders Inn & Suites Newton? Share your experiences!