“Great price and service”
Review of Quality Inn Newton

Quality Inn Newton
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Newton
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Great price and service”
Reviewed 10 April 2013

There was a coupon in the local travel magazine found at gas stations and we were delighted with the super service by the desk clerk. She was so helpful and even helped bring in our luggage. She helped get us the best rate with the coupon and our AAA card. She went out of her way.

Our room was large and perfect. We have stayed here before and really feel welcome.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Smith River
Reviewed 29 October 2012

This is an area with many terrible motels. We looked at them all before settling on the Quality Inn. Ecolodge, Days Inn, America's Value all were very depressing, under construction, or just plain awful. It was the end of a long driving day, so we were forced to stop. The Quality Inn was the least offensive. The room was large, TV good, frig. Windows open onto highway. Room smelled of mold and mildew. Hallways were also unpleasant. They should skip the breakfast. Beds were good and linens clean.

Room Tip: Pick another town!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank ddwildbird

Travellers are raving about these Newton hotels

Reviewed 16 September 2012

Convenient location to the Speedway. Room was updated not really $130.00 update but average. Trying to get multiple suitcases up the stairs was a workout. Abandoned building on one side. Walked to restaurants and a sports bar which was really nice. I will say I requested an early check in and both my rooms were ready before noon, easy check in.

• Stayed September 2012
Wilmette, Illinois
Reviewed 3 September 2012

The hotel shows its age. That aside , the Rooney seemed clean. Unfortunatly there where bed bugs! Now this can happen and I understand. To bad that when I called the hotel I was treated with outright secptisisem! The manager acted as if I was telling him a lie! (I don't think so ) and (I'm sure your mistaken) were two of the things he said. Don't stay here!!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Daniel D
Saint Louis
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Stayed here only one night as we were in-town for an event. The hotel and the room showed some signs of wear but the room was clean and comfortable and we had everything we needed for our short stay. Although we did not partake of the continental breakfast offered the next morning, we did take a look and the food offered was standard fare and appeared to be more than adequate. The front desk staff was courteous and helpful. We would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Melaniemily
Illinois
Reviewed 23 June 2012

After reading the previous reviews, I was concerned about staying here but there were no other reservations to be had that accepted pets on Indy Car race weekend.

The hallways are a little rough, but our room was nice enough. It had a refrigerator, microwave and large flat panel HD TV. The bedding was comfortable and clean. There were some stains on furniture and carpet but I find that everywhere I go. Like a previous poster, we did find remnants of past guests that were overlooked.

When I had a problem in my room, the lady at the front desk contacted someone immediately and they were at my door within ten minutes to fix the problem and did so satisfactori

Our room was on

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank llilly115
Anamosa, Iowa
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Along with all the other Terrible Review posts I'm suprised no one mentioned roaches!
We had bad customer desk service and when I went to the desk and complained about the roaches I was kicked out....and still was charged for this filthy room!

Room Tip: Do noy stay at this hotel unless you don't mind filth and roaches/bugs!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TRPete10
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newton
Days Inn Newton
Days Inn Newton
#3 of 8 in Newton
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Newton
Boulders Inn & Suites Newton
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Newton
Best Western Holiday Manor Newton
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Colfax/Newton

Been to Quality Inn Newton? Share your experiences!