“great staff” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Newton
thousand oaks
“great staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

Very quiet Air Conditioner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We could not even hear it when it was on. Staff was great. ADA room was AOK. Beds very comfortable. Staff recommend local diner " Newton Diner". Full of gray and whit haired people. totally inexpensive. !0 ounce top sirloin steak, cut with a fork. $10

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank j n

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

I stayed here after driving all night , while the outside dsnt look nice. Once inside the room I was surprised, very accommodating and I slept great. Breakfast was free and it was good. The pool was great I was the only in it but it was peaceful

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Isabel2597
Detroit, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

Outside and common areas are worn down. No elevator. Outer entry doors in the back don't lock and the one at the far end of the building is inaccessible from the outside. The hallway at the end of the second floor had old broken air conditioners and refrigerators stacked up against the wall.

The room was stale and musty smelling. Four lamps in the room, two didn't have light bulbs in them, three were unplugged. The desk chair was broken. Toilet flushed once, then the handle wouldn't engage.I refused to lift the lid or call the front desk at 11:00 pm. I left the surprise for the maintenance department (if they have one).

Room Tip: Find a room at another hotel. There are three other hotels nearby. Altoona is 20 minutes away, Des M...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Newton hotels

San Francisco, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

I thought this was going to be a horrible hotel after I read the reviews. It wasn't nearly as bad as the reviewers said it was. Granted, the outside looks pretty bad, as well as the hallways in the common areas. But once you get into your room you will be pleasantly surprised. The rooms are large and very clean and beds are comfortable. The free breakfast was very good as well. I would recommend this place if you are on a budget and need a place to crash for the night.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank on2glory
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

we stayed here on our way to denver .. rooms were very nice and clean .. smells fresh friendly staff and it was one the best hotel we stayed on our trip .. breakfast was more then we expected they had nice indoor pool we will stay here again on our way back home

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
KCMO
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2013

I had a feeling when I drove in that the "quality" of this place was going to be questionable, but I had driven a long way that day, and I didn't have the energy to try to find another hotel closer to Des Moines. Sure enough... this hotel could use some serious renovation. The exterior of the hotel was grubby, the carpet was garish, and the room I was given was not that great. (I didn't risk taking my shoes off in my room...)

The room just felt so tired... The bathroom smelled faintly of pee when I first walked in, and a repair made to the shower had a faint ring of mold around it. Everything was mostly clean, but not extremely clean, and even a fresh coat of paint would do wonders here. I did feel ok about sleeping in the bed -- the sheets were clean and the bed was made up well.

I didn't check out the pool or much of anything else. One exterior door to the hotel hallway would open with OR without a key card, and another door didn't work at all (I learned after parking near it, only to discover I'd have to walk up to the other door anyway). Breakfast in the morning was so-so: the waffle iron is a nice, but the breakfast could use some other options. Seriously, who eats that cereal? I bet most of it is years and years old.

Check-in and check-out was fast. No elevator.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2013 via mobile

This was by far the worst place I have ever stayed at!!! I was on a road trip so I stopped forthe night. When I checked in around 11 there was one girl who was grunting, doubled over, scratching herself and pacing the room. That made me super anxious! Then when we walked down to our room the halls reeked of smoke and mold. When we got in our room the smell was better. Our pillows were maybe a foot long and our comforter had a cigarette burn in it. Then next morning I got up and left right away and the one girl who was itching was just passed out in the middle of the lobby.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newton
Days Inn Newton
Days Inn Newton
#3 of 8 in Newton
Boulders Inn & Suites Newton
BEST WESTERN Holiday Manor Newton Iowa
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Newton
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Newton
Comfort Inn & Suites Grinnell

Been to Quality Inn Newton? Share your experiences!