Checked in and discovered that this property was originally owned by another hotel chain and then converted to a Holiday Inn Express. It is located in a downtown area, a few miles from the I80 interchange. The ceilings in the room are probably 12 feet high which makes them feel spacious, but actually creates echos and makes the room seem dark due to poor lighting (can't reflect off the high ceiling).
We thought the room could be cleaner. Note that there are no fridges or microwave ovens in the rooms - just a microwave in the main lobby.
A large awning over the entrance made it easy to load/unload the car in the rain.
The breakfast area was a bit cramped, but can be expanded into an adjacet meeting room - we hate the pancake maker - bring back the wafflemaker! The front desk attendants were helpful.
Bottomline - not up to the Holiday Inn Express standards we are used to.More