“Excellent breakfast”

Best Western Holiday Manor Newton
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Newton
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Decent hotel, outstanding tasty breakfast with wide selection
Very personable gal in charge of dining area.
Downside is the bed was like sleeping on the floor! Otherwise,
a typical mass produced room, so I think, overpriced for what I
got.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Holiday Manor Newton, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear dsynrboots,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are glad you liked the breakfast selections we offer. We would like to apologize you were not well satisfied with the bed you had in your room. It is regrettable that we fell below your expectations. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to improve and continually provide the best experience possible. Thank you for staying and we all hope to serve you again on your next future visit.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 25 November 2013

This Holiday Inn Express is really no different than the rest. The staff of course were friendly and very helpful. The grounds and lobby were well kept. They were able to accommodate me at a moments notice with my reservation. My room was upgraded from a double to a king and smelled fresh and clean. Great right? Wrong. Definitely needs new furniture, brighter wall Regardless of all that, the bed was comfortable, the room did what it was it was designed to do. The biggest down fall was that this room is next to the employee room that services the breakfast. Every morning around 6 am I was jolted awake by the slamming of that employee door. So much so that the head board would shake. The staff needs to be reminded that there is a room next to them. Lastly, should omelettes be crispy? On the days that omelettes were served, they were always burnt. Not one or two but the entire pan of omelettes were burned and they still served them. Very disappointing. On an up note, hotel is in center of town was easy to find.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Holiday Manor Newton, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Dear alissa m,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the noise levels of the room prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 20 November 2013

When I arrived Judy Johnson checked me in she was very friendly and outgoing and very understand. I was checked in and in my room within the first 5-10 minutes of walking into the hotel. She met all my professional needs in an efficient manner. I rated the over all a 5 because everything to my ability and standards were met. Quote top of the title review. Also a broncos fan which was a HUGE plus. Also giving the surrounding, were quite but the bars weren't to far they were in walking distance. Also has a taxi service that would bring you to the hotel after drinking with no fee. The room was very clean even the windows seals plus the glass on the inside and out were clean. My bed was made very nicely. Also the hotel met my bed bug free standards which is also a plus. There lobby was also clean. Their breakfast room was also tiddy and very home style and had GREAT coffee! The staff were very polite and helpful when meeting my taxi needs. The price still left money in the wallet to go to out to eat and have a few drinks.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 20 November 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Newton, IA this past month and loved every moment of our stay! The front desk staff was so friendly and welcoming, they helped us with anything we needed and offered so much more! Breakfast was GREAT, everything was fresh and there was a very nice variety of foods. Even the housekeepers were amazing! We have already and will continue to recommend this hotel to all our family and friends! Even strangers in fact!!

Reviewed 20 November 2013

This place is a very clean and up to date hotel. The breakfast room is very great parking. The parking was very close. It was in the heart of town so it was very quit. And we also had things to do. The staff ever very friendly and helpful. The pool and hot tub was very clean and also the fitness room is normally dirty at other hotels but this one was spotless. All the staff were in uniform and all had very hygienic and proper. And it was very affordable. I would recommend this place to anyone

Reviewed 13 November 2013

First I will tell you about how cleans an perfect placing this hotel is and very up to date. Lucy the breakfast lady was wonderful asked where I lived and how my stay was and how she could help. Te manager Judy was also very polite as helped me with the pricing of my room. Stayed here for two days and had wonderful stay checked marice was also great very friendly along with te handyman and maids.
The only problem I ha was with the with the young girl that thought she knew it all. When I arrived I waited at the fort desk for 15 minutes as Katie was on her iPad and didn't even know I was there I could I have robbed the hotel and I found her in te breakfast room sitting down on talking on the phone and on iPad then when she went to check me in she argued with me about the rates that Judy and native had quoted me when I called. Then when I gave her my card so I could get points she proceeded to tell me she didn't know what points was. Umm she that the whole holiday inn express doing and should be the first things that's trained. She seemed not very smart and shouldn't be working there along with "the manager" Ellie she lied and made the hotel look horrible she pretended to be the manager and told me wen I brought up the hotel staffing problem with Katie she proceeded to tell me to mind my own business and that not to talk about daughter and her daughter like that. It was very unbelievable!! The next day I talked to judy as she was working desk with Marcie and they both very every polite. I would stay at this hotel again if those inconsiderate front desk people were fired!

• Stayed: November 2013
judy j, General Manager at Best Western Holiday Manor Newton, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

I am very sorry about your recent issue with our front desk staff. I sent you an email to please contact me via phone 641-792-3333 so we can get this issue resolved. Once again this behavior is not a standard and we are very sorry!

Judy Johnson

Reviewed 20 July 2013

Checked in and discovered that this property was originally owned by another hotel chain and then converted to a Holiday Inn Express. It is located in a downtown area, a few miles from the I80 interchange. The ceilings in the room are probably 12 feet high which makes them feel spacious, but actually creates echos and makes the room seem dark due to poor lighting (can't reflect off the high ceiling).
We thought the room could be cleaner. Note that there are no fridges or microwave ovens in the rooms - just a microwave in the main lobby.
A large awning over the entrance made it easy to load/unload the car in the rain.
The breakfast area was a bit cramped, but can be expanded into an adjacet meeting room - we hate the pancake maker - bring back the wafflemaker! The front desk attendants were helpful.
Bottomline - not up to the Holiday Inn Express standards we are used to.

Room Tip: Note that the rooms do not have microwave ovens or fridges. Bring your cooler. There is a microwav...