We stayed at Beach Villa Ukulhas in 07/2017 as a family with 2 kids (6 & 9 years). We love this beautiful guesthouse! The garden is like a little paradise full of flowers . You have a lot of privacy there. The room was so wonderful decorated when we arrived! There was even a hairdryer. The beach is very close to the villas. For swimming the beach was perfect, for snorkeling we just went down the bikini beach for a few minutes than it's perfect.
The Beach Villa is a family run guesthouse and all family members we got to know we're very sympathic! Zamicko was taking care for us, answered all our questions very patiently , Zihakko is a unbelievable good guitar player - thanks to him and his friends of the band, Yakko went to excursions with us- he showed us how to catch octopus!
We can highly recommend the sandbank excursion trip- this was an amazing experience with the fish feeding point! Our last day we asked Zamicko for a trip to the small sandbank picknik island right in front of Ukulhas- so we had a few hours really our own island with plenty of hermit crabs and perfect snorkeling- we all loved it there!
The place is absolutely family and kids friendly!
I am one of the people who will testimony that beach villa ukulhas deserve a 5 star rating! It was a beyond expectation! First to complement is the Ukulhas island, it is a untouched island! Their Beach are not man made and the corals are perfectly taken care of and those coral reefs are just in the corner! It is what i call the real maldivian island and experienced! I have been to so many resort island in maldives, but if you want to experienced an untouched island, a 10 mins ride to their sand bank, and their picnic island where the stingray and baby shark are just aRound the corner, this is the best place for you! Second to complement are the family of the owner of beach villa and the people in ukulhas, They are amazing they will help you and will make your stay a memorable one just like ours. They will
Offer all the amazing excursion that you are looking for at its best price. And lastly the food, kudos for the cook! The grilled and baked fish we had , the maldivian breakfast by the beach, the maldivian dinner that they have prepared were fantastic. So if you want to experienced this untouched island and the customer satisfaction, i highly recommend beach villa ukulhas to give you a perfect holiday experience � thank you again beach villa!
We had the most amazing time in Beach villa, we where only going to stay for three days and at the end we fell in love with the island and the place and we stay for 10 days. The owners are amazing people very helpful in all our need. The breakfast was so delicious also.
The palce is just 10 steps from the most beautiful bikini beach and close to the restaurant in the island.
Thank you very much for everything.
Maggy and regina
This authentic guesthouse deserves the absolute best recommendation. We stayed in two of the rooms and we had a wonderful week. The entire family takes part in the running of the premises. They all have a part in making this an extraordinary Maldivian experience - from the special Maldivian breakfasts, barbecues, music events, various excursions and making sure to bring you back and forth from Male. The three brothers specifically put great effort in making you feel comfortable in their own personal ways.
Ukulhas is a small island, but it is a very interesting society of its own which you get to see from just walking around the small streets. There are more than 10 shops in which you can buy whatever you may need, there is a beautiful beach of which half of it is bikini-beach. The coral reefs just outside the beach are very good for snorkeling - make sure that one of the brothers take you to the northern part of the island for snorkeling as it has some very nice corals. You find different restaurants on the island as well. We tried Island Vista Inn and the Sea la Vie (Thai) - we certainly recommend Sea la Vie.
All in all - one week on Ukulhas gives you a splendid look into the true Maldivian society, a well-relaxed soul, great snorkeling adventures in some of the most gorgeous sea world wonders and for white northern Europeans - a nice suntan.
We highly recommend Beach Villas.
I don't write reviews often but this was such a wonderful experience that I really wanted to share.
Let's start with a con and there was only one. The wifi wasn't working. But as long as you get the wireless card at the airport (15G for US$22), you will be fine. And you won't be spending that much time online anyways. It's the Maldives.
Here's are all the pros. All the reasons you should stay here:
- Facilities: We stayed on 3 islands and the Beach Villa was by far the best. It was the only guesthouse that was set up as a villa. There are a total of 3 villas only so it is private. And you can sit in the garden right outside and read and see a portion of the private beach from the garden. (Tip: Make sure to bring mosquito repellent as all the islands have a lot of mosquitos.)
- The Island: UKULHAS is definitely one of the better islands. It is big enough where you can get 3-4 different type of beach experiences but small enough where you still can walk the whole island in 20 minutes. The beaches are cleaner than the other islands and it's a newly developed island where you won't feel completely out of place like some other smaller islands but still exclusive enough where you might see a couple of other tourists total a day. (Tip: Do a walk around the island first to plan out your beach spots as there are a few different types of beach spots with different views.)
- The Food: The pro isn't about the food itself. The food was on par to the other guest houses in Maldives. The difference is that they do restaurant delivery right to your villa and you can choose from a wide selection from a menu. (Tip: Order their breakfast. Their breakfast is excellent.)
- The Excursions: The excursions are flexible but you should definitely try the BBQ dinner. The BBQ dinner is in the garden right next to the Villas. (Tip: Go fishing first so you can catch the fish and eat them for the BBQ dinner.)
- The Family: Zamicko and has brothers are friendly, knowledge, and quick to respond. (Tip: Communicate with them on the level of snorkeling that fits you best.)
- The Private Beach: The Beach Villa has their own "private beach". It is part of the larger beach but the best part is that it is less than a 10 second walk from The Beach Villa. (Tip: Go out at night with a flashlight and you'll see hundreds of crabs on the beach.)
- The Value: For me, finding value is the most important. I would never go to the Maldives and spend thousands of dollars at a resort when you can spend a few hundred dollars and get a very similar experience. The Beach Villa is guesthouse built like a resort. (Tip: If you are an alcoholic, then you should stick to the resort. If you can handle a few days without a drink, then don't waste money at a resort and spend a few days at The Beach Villa. You won't regret it.)
This the most beautiful place, I've ever been. The villas are exactely on the beach, the ocean water is very clean and full with amazing fish life. We spent great time. Our hosts were really friendly guys, espacially Iako and xamiko. They organized us interesting trips on which we saw the most beautiful places, go snorkeling, entertain us with fantastic music concerts.
At the beginning of April, we spent 7 nights at the Ukulhas Beach Villa with our 4 children (aged 17,16,14 and 7), therefore we rented the three rooms making up the guesthouse. Everything was absolutely perfect from beginning to end, thanks to our hosts Zamicko, Yakko, Zihakko and Thathi.
Zamicko organized our transfer in speedboat from the airport to the villa and even came to greet us at the airport, which we really appreciated!
When we arrived on the island, our luggage were taken charge of and taken to the villa for us.
A light meal was ready at the villa, which we also really appreciated after our long journey to get there!
All three rooms were extremely comfortable and clean: it was fully equipped with a small fridge, blow-dryer, several international electrical plugs, TV, mobile phone to contact our hosts if need be, coffee, tea, aircon, ceiling fan, kettle etc..
Each of the three rooms has a little private terrace with a garden area, which has a table where the meals can be served. Moreover, the garden was wonderful, lush and full of flowers.
We had chosen the full board option and could choose whether we wanted our meals served either at the guesthouse or directly at the restaurant, which was very close to the villa (a 2 minute walk!). Our whole family greatly appreciated to be able to choose between local specialties and western food. The Maldivian breakfast (Mashuni) delighted us all and we even left with the recipe, thanks to Thathi’s demonstration!
An excellent traditional Maldivian lunch was even served to us on the beach!
We also had the luck to enjoy a very nice guitar concert in the garden! Bravo Zihakko and Thathi!
The beach is unbelievably close to the villa, barely 10 meters away from it, and had a little shaded area, especially reserved for the guesthouse’s guests. (six chaise longues, as well as a large table, benches and parasols).
Snorkelling can be done directly from the beach, which is also perfectly adapted to games and swimming even for those who prefer not to snorkel! At night time, you can observe hundreds of little crabs and hermit crabs on the beach: our children were delighted!
We especially loved the quiet nature of the island (no cars, only motorcycles). Ukulhas’s reputation as a clean and eco-friendly island is clearly deserved: the beach is cleaned every morning. The water is also unbelievably clean and clear. Like everywhere in the Maldives, the coral has unfortunately suffered (from water temperature changes), but its colors are already starting to come back! The fish were also extraordinary (very colourful, varied species).
We did the following excursions:
Accompanied by Yakko and with a privatised boat!
Yakko was a perfect guide and adapted to the pace of all our children. He was even nice enough to give us, at the end of our stay, all the pictures and videos he took of us with his GoPro; the perfect souvenir! Thanks Yakko!
Overall, our hosts took great care of us for the whole week. We really appreciated this ‘personalised’ service’. We really hope to come back to Ukulhas soon, and we ever do, we would choose the Beach Villa without the shadow of a doubt!
Again, thank you to all four of you (Yakko, Zihakko, Thathi and Zamicko) for your kindness and this unforgettable experience. Thathi and Zihakko, we wish you all the best for the arrival of your baby girl!