“Nicely Remodeled Rooms”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Okoboji
Seattle, Washington
“Nicely Remodeled Rooms”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We stayed at Abe's at the beginning of their 2014 season while passing through on a cross-country road trip. Our room was very nice. The bedrooms have been remodeled using some reclaimed wood and it really gives them an interesting look. The only complaint I have is that the carpet and the bathroom could have been a bit cleaner. Misty, the owner, was very welcoming and enthusiastic. We even lit a fire in the fire pit outside and enjoyed some time under the stars.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Misty K, General Manager at Vintage Block Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
OH, geez did we love to start our year off with your fantastic review! Thank you so much!

I agree with you on the carpets so I had a company come in and clean every room after we finished installing brand new doors on every room! So the next time you come, we are a sea of
red! We also built a brand new gazebo for our guests to hang out in!! How sweet is that?

We purchased the hotel on June 17 and look forward to many changes!! My business partner is an interior designer and her ideas are knocking the cover off the ball!!

Please, do come back and see us and again, many, many thanks for taking the time to high five us on line!!

Kindly, with a huge smile in BOJI!

Misty & the Rockstar Crew of Vintage BLOCK! (it SOOOO ROCKS!)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I stayed at Abe's twice this summer and both times we great! The remodels are wonderful I love the dock wood and the bright colors! The rooms were clean and the staff was wonderful!! My favorite thing about Abe's is the "island" in the middle with the fire pits. It's a great was to socialize with the other guests and make some new friends! I highly recommend this place and I can't wait to go back next summer!!

1 Thank Alex G
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 5 October 2013

We've stayed here three times within the last 2 years and have been thrilled with our visit each time. The remodel is lovely. The rooms are spacious and clean. Management and service staff are friendly and hospitable. Even the atmosphere of Abe's is fantastic. The pool and fire pits in the center of the hotel make it a fun place to connect with other visitors.
LOVE Okoboji and Abe's. We'll definitely be back next year!

3 Thank Jamie G
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Gross, dirty, filthy, terrible service, uncomfortable, sticky, trash/food from previous occupants still visible, overpriced!...Do not stay here! If you have to spend a little more money to stay somewhere that actually cares that your room is clean do it because this place is charging 5 star prices for less than a 1 star room and service! The rooms are supposed to have been remodeled, but it looks like they did it as cheap as they could and left the most disgusting aspects like the gross carpet. They couldn't even be bothered to clean the shower or wipe the food from the previous guests off the table and floors.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
1 Thank Scott G
La Crosse, Wisconsin
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Like anyone else, reviews are important to me not just pictures. This place was so nicely re-done with super personal charm. Like my daughter said, "the details were obviously done by a women."
A lot of character and charm put into the updates. I would stay again. Amenities nice. The updates are what I look for in a Hotel. Can't wait to go back. We have family in town and we need the space for overflow of people. Loved the memory foam bed toppers. Very friendly staff.

2 Thank Bonnie L
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I would absolutely come back!
I found the themed dockwood rustic decor quite enchanting....very relaxing friendly staff....easy to find...great breakfast...clean areas inside and out....outside firepit and pool space was accommodating and easy to use...service was personal friendly and professional ....i would come again recommend to family and friends and ibwoukd bring my kids as well!!!

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank She1la
Misty K, General Manager at Vintage Block Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
SHe1a!

OHHHHHH DID I NEED TO READ THIS REVIEW TODAY! Zippadeedoodah Zippadeeday!

Yay for you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

ALL of us at Abe's of Okoboji think our guest's just ROCK who go home and love us up on-line!

S-E-R-I-O-U-S!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please....come back time and time again and we hope the next time you will be bringing all of your children..and their friends....and their friend's parent's and their grandparents! whoo-hoo! REMEMBER....we have suites that sleep up to 9 ROCKSTARS! whoo-hoo!

Sheila, we are sending major positive thoughts and good vibes your way!!

xoxox

Mucho Gracious!

The RockStar Amigos of Abe's!
Athens, AL
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I have to say that overall I was disappointed. This in no way is an inexpensive hotel. Two nights in a king cadet room was $413.92 total. IMO that places this establishment into a higher tier hotel than say "Motel 6." I gave Abe's an "average" rating, but in all honestly it is below average when considering the price point though not "poor."

My room really had several shortcomings. Firstly, there was no closet/rack/anything to hang your clothes. Nada. So that naturally means there is no iron either and I don't know if they are available as the front desk was not open at 7AM to inquire. Shampoo/soap/lotion of any kind was not in my room...I'm betting it wasn't an any of them. There is a dispenser of foamy "something" in the bathtub/shower and not sure what it is as it wasn't labeled. Speaking of the tub/shower....mine wasn't as clean as it should have been with hairs and leftover bar soap in the soap dish from times past. Other items that weren't tended to....outside door was FILTHY, coffee pot wasn't emptied, only one trash can and no bag in that, and the bathroom door wasn't fitted properly so it wouldn't close.

Now some good things....The folks at the front desk were nice.... The location of the hotel is really in the middle of everything... The bed was EXCELLENT.

LASTLY....breakfast. I stayed here two days and can't tell you how it was. At 7AM the breakfast/front office area had yet to open so I bought breakfast twice instead of eating at the hotel which was included. I overheard that breakfast started at 8AM but don't know if correct or not. If TRUE....Are you SERIOUS???

OVERALL...I'm thinking this could be an excellent hotel. I actually love this type of hotel and have stayed in several that are EXCELLENT. I don't know who the manager is BUT I sense a somewhat lackadaisical management style. IMO no room should ever be without a place to hang clothes AND bar soap and shampoo should be in every room. An info sheet should also be placed in each room listing when the office is open and when breakfast is served. Is that asking too much?

I'll be returning to the area next year and sadly will stay elsewhere. Hopefully Anthony Melchiorri isn't on this hotels speed dial yet.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Chuck61
Misty K, General Manager at Vintage Block Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 25 August 2013
OHH, dear did we fall short with you! Goodness...let me apologize. We soooo cringe when we see this type of review!

While we certainly do trip up from time to time and miss something, I did want to do a quick overview. The closet hanger is behind the door on the wall mounted on dock wood, however, there was no iron and ironing board. And yes, we do have those available at the front desk and it would take us less then a minute to run one back to your room. However, most of our rooms are stocked with them.

The big, foamy something in the bathtub is a combination of shampoo and body soap.

Let me apologize about the bathroom door swelling and not closing properly and of course the untidy coffee pot.

While all I can do right now is apologize, I hope in the future you will provide the hotel the opportunity to correct the problem while you are in house. Most of your problems/questions could of been handled rather swiftly on property.

Because the breakfast is complimentary, we have selected a time frame that suits the majority of our guest's. We open the office from 7-7:30 and the first order of business is to put coffee on for our guest's. While our waffles, biscuits and gravy may not be ready immediately, we have cereal, fresh fruit and yogurt, toast, pastries and oatmeal that is. We have the breakfast time posted at the front desk and also tell each guest when they arrive.

Our team is far from lackadaisical, but we are not perfect either. I hope you find your perfect place next time you are in Okoboji. We have several really unique properties that I know will fit your needs better then we did. Again, my apologies and thank you for the reminder to be a little bit more on our toes.

Kindly, while wiping the egg off my face,

Misty and the Entire Crew at Abe's of Okoboji
Also consider these accommodations in or near Okoboji
Okoboji Commons Hotel
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Okoboji
Bridges Bay Resort
Bridges Bay Resort
#1 of 4 in Arnolds Park

Been to Vintage Block Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!