“Many Menu choices”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States
“Many Menu choices”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

Outrigger was well known for their Prime Rib... twice baked potatoes and more... Ownership changed and the few times we have been back we were disappointed as the food was not fresh or as good as before. With so many other places available and others with good prime rib haven't been back again.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank Lyn R

Wichita, Kansas
“A Friendly Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

This is the second time we have eaten at this restaurant with friends. We've had good experiences both times. The atmosphere is rather casual, but homey. Our waitress was very attentive on a busy night. The menu has many selections and the prices are reasonable. My steak was cooked to perfection, but my wife's chicken was overcooked. But, we would try it again if we are in the area.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Jim G
South Dakota
“Terrible service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

I grew up in Okoboji and waitressed every summer. Last night we had one of the worst experiences with our waitress at Outriggers!! She had an attitude and was extremely rude. Food and service have really gone downhill with the new owner. We will never go back and have already told many of our friends to go somewhere else.

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank Togethersd
Des Moines
“birthday dinner for daughter”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

We were celebrating my 12 year old daughters birthday. we were able to get a table without reservations on Saturday night. Food was good would definitely go back - prices seem to be reasonable

Visited July 2013
1 Thank bthomps01
“Stay away!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013

I don't know who was writing the most recent reviews, but they certainly didn't eat in the same restaurant that I did. We had been in the area for several days, cooking where we were staying, and tonight we decided to treat ourselves and go out. Should have stayed home. (Actually, should have gone elsewhere.)

This place is a dive. Think 1950s "family restaurant" --- that's the impression you get when you walk in. I should have trusted my gut and done an "about face", but in the past I've "lucked out" at some of these places that give you a bad initial impression. We were seated in a booth with incredibly uncomfortable cushions, and when I opened the menu it was the most uninspired thing I've seen in a very long time. B-O-R-I-N-G. Once again I turned down the opportunity to head out the door; my mistake.

I ordered the "special" for Tuesday --- steak & shrimp. It was the worst piece of meat I've been served in a long time. I ordered it medium rare, and it came out medium well. The server said she could have the kitchen make me another one, but after tasting the meat I knew there was nothing that could improve it. It was served with three fried shrimp dumped right out of a Mrs. Paul's box. My wife's salad was a tired, wilted mess that she couldn't eat. She did say, however, that the mahi mahi was pretty good.

If you like bad diner food, then this is the place for you. If you like to eat at the "old place" that your grandfather loved until he was 98, this is the place for you. Compared to this place, the bar food at Barefoot is gourmet fare.

• Visited July 2013