“Works great after a long day”
Review of Super 8 Onawa

Super 8 Onawa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Onawa
Mountain View, AR
“Works great after a long day”
Reviewed 23 September 2011

We had reservations here. Our drive being longer than we expected. (don't ask), we were so happy to pull into the lot. As soon as I stepped into the lobby, the desk clerk, said "Donna?". Yes, yes it's me, I finally got here! I had called earlier to say we were delayed and didn't know when we'd get there. As we dragged ourselves into our room, thank goodness for door side parking, something was finally going right today. We rested extemely well. So clean, like when ask about a restaurant and I can't quite make up my mind. Would I come here again? YES, I WOULD!!

Room Tip: I think all rooms would be on the same par
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Reviewed 13 September 2011

I always enjoy this hotel. It is clean, great service and has great cable. I would recommend.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
Iowa
Reviewed 4 August 2011

Well maintained property. Front desk staff friendly @ check-in & helpful when asked about places to eat. Parking space near entrance door & visible from room. Room near front office, no stairs, accessible through interior corridor to breakfast room was very quiet & spotless. Comfortable bed & easy chair. Adequate breakfast items in clean eating area. Room rate for value received was reasonable.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 February 2011

Clean room and great tv cable. I would stay again.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 June 2010

I was going to a seminar in the Loess Hills, and this was my only choice. The prior reviews looked pretty good, but I had my doubts about a place right off the interstate. When I called to confirm the clerk dropped my price( from Travelocity ) from $80 to $69.99. No, it's not huge, but it was a nice gesture. The check in was quick and pleasant. The clerk was attentive and gracious. The room (which had wireless) was standard/adequate as was the breakfast (toast, pastries, bagels, juices, coffee). I have one minor complaint -- when I unrolled the rubber bath mat, it smelled strongly of mold/mildew. I just rolled it back up and didn't use it. The entire building was smoke free, and that was nice.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank a_prairie_rose
Rock Port, Missouri
Reviewed 21 May 2009

I have in-laws in the area and have visited them from Central Nebraska for the last 15 years. My son and I have stayed there probably 3 or 4 times a year for a total of 45-60 visits. I have always been happy with my stay. The beds are comfortable, the rooms always clean and quiet. I like that I can park at my door, I love that they allow me to bring my dog. It's across the highway from a great truckstop that's open 24 hours. I highly recommend this location. I've stayed in Missouri Valley, down the interstate about 40 miles, and I felt I got a much better value for my dollar in Onawa.

• Stayed January 2007, travelled with family
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 20 January 2008

We stopped here on our cross-counrty trip to Mount Rushmore and Yellowstone and Grand Tetons National Parks. Quiet clean room with fridge was better than anticipated and just what we needed after a 15-hour + day of visiting the St. Louis Arch and driving from Kentucky. Nice staff - somebody has a green thumb because there are beautiful, large plants in the small lobby. Breakfast selection was ok.

• Liked — great location for cross-country travel and near the Lewis and Clark State Park (keel boat replica)
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Super 8 Onawa? Share your experiences!