“questionable”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Orange City
Orange City
“questionable”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We were there over night and when I booked the room, the ad said there was a pool, however there was no pool. Also the receptionist spoke poor English. There was dried blood on the comforter, and the heater burned smoke when we turned it on. Was very quiet and was a good price.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Carroll, Iowa
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I was in town for a wedding. I have never experienced such poor customer service before. Even trying to ask the staff basic questions about my reservation prior to my stay was next to impossible. There was definitely a communication barrier. Staff acted as though we were interrupting them when we came to the front desk to ask questions. The manager spoke about my reservation with other guests and spoke to me about other guests reservations. I was lucky that most of the guests were my family members but this was unprofessional and inappropriate, to say the least. Breakfast was a disappointment, no fruit or protein of any kind was offered. The room was clean enough, nothing fancy. If I stay in town again, I will be more than willing to pay a higher price at another place in town for better customer service.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank KasayF9262

Travellers are raving about these Orange City hotels

Prairie City, Iowa
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Tried to sell our room we already paid for during a terrible blizzard, we were in town already . Room was very hot could not adjust heat setting. Breakfast area small. Beds were comfortable. Hotel reaked of strong food odor, both floors. We could not wait to leave. Management staff not friendly.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Randy M
Oak Brook, Illinois
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Our recent stay went south right at check-in. The oder of curry greeted us in the lobby and after we "rang the bell" for service, the managers wife came out chewing food. First words out of her mouth (while still chewing) were "credit card". After my wife asked her to confirm the rate,etc., she informed us we were booked for a 2nd room. She started yelling at us that it was our problem to clear up even after we produced a printed confirmation showing we only booked one room. The yelling brought her husband out (eating also). They then began speaking Indian(?) to each other while jesturing to us. He then starts yelling at us IN ENGLISH! We could not believe how rude this husband & wife management team could be. I asked him to stop yelling at us, to which he eventually did. He then asked to make a copy of our printed confirmation. Even with that now in his posession, the best (or worst as we saw it) was yet to come. We checked out and naturally reviewed the charge to make shure it was correct, which it was. That is until I received a phone call today from the Super 8 Corp rep telling me that the manager had also run my card and charged an additional room to it! That's criminal, fraudulant and dishonest to say the least. Super 8's reputation is being seriuosly harmed by having these two individuals represent them. I hope Super 8 takes notice and action to rectify this for future guests.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Knights Inn Rock Valley
Knights Inn Rock Valley
#1 of 1 in Rock Valley
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites

Been to Super 8 Orange City? Share your experiences!