“must try the cheeseburger chowder”
Review of Smokey Row Coffee

Smokey Row Coffee
Ranked #1 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Oskaloosa
Description: The Oskaloosa branch of the Des Moines coffee shop. Popular spot for sandwiches, coffee and ice cream specialties. Right on the square in downtown Osky. Big inviting space with wi-fi. Popular day and night.
Reviewed 12 May 2013

I love the atmosphere at Smoky Row! The cheeseburger chowder in the breadbowl is definately worth a visit. They also have a nice selection of other good sandwiches, soups, and drinks. It is large enough for group dinners but somehow cozy enough for two also! The only reason I gave it a 4 star instead of 5 is that the service is hit and miss.

Reviewed 11 May 2013

Never having been there before, we were no aware that you had to order at the cash register. We waited in front of the counter for 5 minutes while the little blonde waitress wiped the coffee spout. She looked right at us several times, but never ask if she could help. Finally, I stopped one of the other gals and ask what we had to do to get service and she told me to go to the register. We ordered our soup and drinks and never got the drinks until my husband went up to inquire about them and she said, Oh I forgot.

Reviewed 3 May 2013

sweet coffee smell, you know you going to get a good cup of joe. =) The atmosphere is nice and welcoming, Check them out.

Reviewed 29 April 2013

Atmosphere is welcoming. Fun local coffee shop with great tea selection and the lunch menu looks scrumptious as well.

Reviewed 10 April 2013

For a town the size of Oskaloosa, with the limited selections that we have, Smokey Row is pretty good. The coffee/espresso isn't bad. I think it's all pretty over priced, even in the era of Starbucks & $5 coffee. The food tastes decent, but it is all prepackaged "heat and eat" dining. I'll keep going (because the Row is far better than McDonalds) but I'd love to have another option. The staff rotates in & out frequently. There are frequently staff members socializing in the kitchen as nobody tends the counter. "Extra hot" means scalded and tasteless, not 160°.