“"Treat You Like Family"”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Ottumwa
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I have stayed at many Hotels in my seventeen years of Railroading. I found this Quality Inn & Suites to be EXCELLENT in Customer Service, Friendliness, and Comfort. The Owners, Salil and Tania do everything in their power to make you feel at home. The desk staff always have a smile and a willingness to help in anyway possible. Kudos to Nate, Diane, and Adam, for such wonderful Customer Service. I must also mention a wonderful Housekeeper and Food preparer, Mirna. Mirna is a very good asset to Quality Inn & Suites. If your traveling for Business, Vacation, or just a night to get away from it all, I would HIGHLY recommend you to stay here.

Room Tip: Not a tip for rooms. I wanted to say that I put very good for the restaurant rating, for the free br...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Eddie G

Reviewed 31 October 2013

Quality. period. Staff more helpful than expected, Extended business trip in Ottumwa, and I was very pleased to find these accommodations so inexpensive, and so comfortable. Staff were professional, and helpful, I was a problem guest with lots of questions, and needs, and they either solved my problems or guided me to the solutions. Always friendly, helpful, and seemingly happy to be so. Thanks. I will be back.

Room Tip: I was on the second floor, and if possible, will be on the second floor next time.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Stayed just one night but we will be back. This hotel isn't fancy but it is clean and comfortable and the staff (we dealt with Nate) was very helpful. Our son is attending college here and we mentioned this to him when we were checking in. Nate took the time to show us a map, circle some areas on it that he felt we should know about, and explained the layout of the town. He also made some recommendations on places to eat that we went too and they were very good. Thank you, Nate for making us feel welcome! The pool and hot tub are a little small but they appear to be very clean and well maintained.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank bplynch92
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Whenever we go to Ottumwa, we always stay at the Quality Inn. We have found that they treat us like family and we thoroughly enjoy our visits. Love the comfortable beds and they have an awesome continental breakfast. We had clean rooms and microwave/fridge in each room. One thing I noticed this time was their shower had lots of water pressure every morning and it was even soft water! That is a huge plus for me!!! We didn't use the pool or spa this time. We have to acknowledge each of the people that treated us so well... Tania, Salil, Diane, Nate and Tony!!! You really have an outstanding staff and you all work so good together! So until next time, keep up the good work!!! the Allison's

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank grannyda
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Of all the hotels I've stayed with, this was the least of my favorite. The entrance door of the lobby was too small. The room was clean but it smells like wet old carpet. The air conditioner was so noisy and sticky. The breakfast area was so small and it wasn't that clean. We stayed for four days and they serve the same breakfast everyday. I guess that's what you can get for free breakfast. They have a pool which I didn't use. It doesn't look that inviting but it was okay. They offer free Wi-Fi too and parking.

I guess the biggest disappointment in our stay is that they didn't clean the room on our 2nd day. We arrive at nighttime and then they said they don't have anybody to clean the room. But the reception guy was so nice to come and took our wet towels.

All the staff are very friendly. Overall the stay was okay.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2013

This was a great location for us to stay for a long period of time the management staff was excellent nice, friendly, helpful in all aspects of our needs. The housekeeping staff was also great. If we have to return to this town we are going to only stay there they treat you like family!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 June 2013

This is rural Iowa. Don't expect luxury, but do expect a clean room and reasonable price. That is what you will get here. It is a good place to spend a night, but I would not want a longer stay. They are dog-friendly, which is a plus when so many other hotels do not allow them. We did get off to a rocky start at check-in, but the problems were worked out.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business