Hampton Inn Ottumwa
  • Breakfast included
Southfork Motel(Bloomfield)
Budget Inn(Oskaloosa)
View Hotel
All reviewsnice hotelin towngrocery storemovie theaterfast foodcookieseasy accesshy veeplace to stayroom was cleanwould definitely stay here againnight's sleepconvenient locationgreat breakfasttop floorstayed nightsstaff was very friendly
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Bathroom fan did not work. No accommodation for dog even if kenneled. No AARP or AAA discount available. Small loaner fan would be nice or Umbrella at desk to borrow when raining and going to car. Staff very polite & helpful continental breakfast good. Overall very good to average rating!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Only hotel in Ottumwa we could find. Ridiculous price. Will pass up Ottumwa next time. Decent service but left with bad taste in our mouth because of the price. Pitiful to know that Hampton would soak a Vietnam veteran.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Room are clean and the hotel food is good, but my family and I lacking and unfriendly. We got there before check-in time of 3 p.m., and I waited in the lobby for a room to be readied. That was OK. What wasn't OK was that 2 other parties were given rooms before me, even though staff knew I was waiting. When the rest of my family returned to the hotel after an appointment to check in after 4, even THEN the woman at the front desk wasn't sure if their rooms were ready. Also, many times during the 2 evenings we were there, nobody was manning the front desk. There are good things about this hotel, but they need to improve the service.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2014

The staff was very helpful in letting me extend my stay. The State Fair was going on so they were full but I was able to extend my stay with no problems because they went the extra mile to help me. I was in town for a Babe Ruth Baseball Regional Tournament. It was 20 miles away in Albia. It is a double elimination tournament so on Saturday and Sunday I did not know if I needed to stay or head home until after the game was played but they helped find a solution and worked with me. Thank you so much, I would highly recommend this clean well run hotel to anyone who asks. Great job!!!!!

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quiet, you can hear trains on the north side
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 August 2014

The Hampton was a refreshing experience - from the check-in to the clean room to the breakfast to the checkout. The location was ideal for my business, and I appreciated having a grocery store right next door. Everyone was pleasant. The USA Today awaited me, and the fresh cookies were yummy! I loved the clean bedding, the complimentary toiletries, and the whole experience. THANKS!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business