“Be VERY judicious in choosing this place as a wedding venue!”
Review of Castle Unicorn

Castle Unicorn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pacific Junction
Castle Unicorn
Reviewed 20 October 2010

Be VERY judicious in choosing this place as a wedding venue. We had a wedding here this past June and while generally pleased, overall we felt terribly overcharged for the food which was of VERY poor quality. Additionally the service was tacky and substandard. We wanted our own caterer and was informed they have their preferred vendor whom we had to use else the charge for “outside” caterer was astronomical. VERY very over-priced for what we got (food was either overcooked or not warm at all.) AND their servers were basically local youth who donned tacky clothing…. We were incredibly displeased with our event and caution those considering this place for their dream day… be careful – it may look beautiful but there are serious “overpricing” issues with the “business” side of the event. There are other more suitable places either in Omaha or locally in Iowa. If we could have done it differently we would.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
17  Thank ann10152
castleunicorn, Owner at Castle Unicorn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2011

We replaced the caterer referenced towards the end of our last wedding season. Unfortunately this was a newer catering company that we entrusted and they did not live up to our expectations either. We now offer several well established caterers with many years of experience and great reputations for the high quality of their food and we are very excited to have these multiple choices for wedding couples. Our staff varies in age with younger people doing the clearing of tables and all of our staff wears the same professional uniforms.

Reviewed 21 August 2010

The Castle Unicorn was everything their website said and more! My husband and I are avid travelers and are trying to see the US....finding B&B's along our travels. Thank goodness we found the Unicorn! Yes, it is a castle and yes it is awesome in every manner. We stayed in the Queen's quarters and found our room perfect in every way. This room also has a private turret up to your own private covered porch type balcony. Very Cool!!! Our room and the porch were very roomy - fit for a queen. We did get a sneak peak into the King's quarters because we were the only ones staying that evening. This room is huge - huge and the bathroom quarters are just magnificent! As a guest, you can rome around the castle and take in all the "castle" type accessories and the unbelievable grounds. You can sit around the patially surrounded mote for hours just looking at the fish, listening to the water from the multiple fountains and to the outside tranquility. We were very well infromed about the castle and our host, John, was always accessible and very kind and generous. There is a TV in each room and private bath. Castle Unicorn is a "water cooler" type B&B to be talked about over and over! How many friends/family that you know say they stayed in a Castle here in the US??!! John made us a breakfast fit for Kings! We did not want to leave....if we could, we would have stayed longer. Will we be back? I certainly hope so!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank havingfuntravels
Reviewed 23 July 2010

I made our reservation to celebrate my 16 year old's birthday. He loves fencing and we thought this "castle" would be just the thing. Strange "stuck in the 80s" decor. Dust so thick on the furniture we could write our name in it. Broken down mattress. Torn decor pillows. One foot high step up to toilet. Dusty, uncovered plastic drinking cups, almost impossible to find in bathroom. Went to next town to get bottled water. Complained the next day and was yelled at by owner and business partner wearing shorts and t-shirt. Was called a liar...got in the face of my teen and yelled at him about his horrible lying parent. We showed them the mattress, the dust...they just kept saying I lied. We ran out of there scared. The two staff were intimidating and completely unprofessional and they never refunded our 2nd night's stay even though they ran us out of there.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
23  Thank WichitaTParty
Reviewed 9 July 2009

Fabulous wedding venue with several location options, inside and out. Owners made us feel so at home, were so helpful and accommodating, I would highly recommend the Castle for a special event or a special getaway. Beautiful location and unique decor made us feel like royalty.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank jastoops
Reviewed 31 March 2008

Great place to get away from it all and relax. The grounds are amazing, and anyone with a loved one that likes to live like a queen or pirncess should check this place out.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank john-becky
Reviewed 18 November 2006

This is a charming place, with warm and accommodating owners. The rooms are luxurious and the grounds breathtaking. I stayed two nights and wished I’d arranged to stay longer. If someone had a bad experience, I'm sure there was a reason. I will go back—soon I hope

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
2  Thank Rhuder
Reviewed 13 August 2006

A warning to all travelers. If you enjoy planning a special weekend at a bed & breakfast, you must avoid Castle Unicorn. After having a reservation for two months, I was informed at 2 pm the day of my stay that I "was not welcome" to stay there because the owner did not like the company I worked for. Needless to say this ruined a very special night for my wife and me. To this point, I have not received a refund of my deposit.

• Stayed: July 2006
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
15  Thank squints

Been to Castle Unicorn? Share your experiences!