“Not exactly a resort!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lake Panorama National Inn and Suites

Lake Panorama National Inn and Suites
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Panora
Lake Panorama National Inn and Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Panora
Ankeny, Iowa
“Not exactly a resort!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2012

The main issue that I had with the motel, was the customer service. We had called ahead and reserved a room. We, however, were checking in around 9:00pm. At that time the check in office was closed and they said they would leave our key in a specified location that we could pick it up at. This seemed rather odd to me and also very unsafe as anyone could have picked up that key. After finding our key, we then had to figure out where exactly the room was located. We are unfamiliar to the Lake Panorama and did not know that we had to go a quarter mile down the road past the timeshares in order to find the motel. The signage around the complex is horrible and needs to be lighted so that you are able to see at night in order to find your rooms.
The other problem was checking out, first of all we had no clue as to when the checkout time was, it was not on any paperwork that we could find. The second issue with checking out was paying. The older woman at the desk was very unfamiliar with the system they had in place and wrote down our credit information several times. To be safe we watched her shred that document. We did not want our identity stolen. This seemed unsafe and unprofessional.
The rooms in and of themselves were not that bad. They were outdated by about at least 10 years. The beds were okay, the showers were very uncomfortable as the shower head height came to my shoulders and I had to duck under to rinse my head. Not a big issue if I was extremely tall but I am 5'8''. So I could see this as a huge issue with someone taller than myself.
Overall very disappointing for the amount we had to pay. The only great thing about this hotel is the location is near Lake Panorama.

Room Tip: Unsure about pricing of the timeshares located right next door, but they may be a much better option...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Emily F

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Sioux City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2012

Nice place. I have been a timeshare owner here for the last 6 years. We go in the summer. Nice lake if you have a boat, great tubing, skiing, so-so fishing. Great golf course! Also a very nice PAr 3 course for owners (and guests of owners). Panora itself is small but Des Moines and Omaha are not too far away. Some updating is occuring at the resort which is nice. Overall a nice and relaxing place.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Lee i
Burlington VT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

Attending a conference in Iowa in 2011, I used an RCI timeshare exchange and found Clover Ridge. Although not a golfer, I enjoyed the surroundings. The unit was beautiful, clean, and well organized. I thought their mattresses could be upgraded, but that is the only complaint. I had to shorten my week here to fit my other obligations, and was sorry about that, because the community seems pleasant, and the staff was very accommodating. I especially enjoyed the living room - very relaxing and well appointed.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank VTyankee
Oakland, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2009

My husband grew up in Panora, so what a surprise when we realized that RCI timeshare exchange listed Clover Ridge as an option. We've traveled and stayed here twice -- one week in Aug 2007 and one week this past August 2009.

In 2007 we stayed in a hugh 3 bedroom with full kitchen and view of golf course (only unit available at the time). At our most recent visit, we stayed in a "studio" -- one queen bed, sitting area with full couch, kitchen table and chairs, and small kitchen with refrig, microwave, two burner stove top -- all that we need to make coffee, prepare breakfast and a simple dinner. The resort is not fancy...not like those premium, high-end ones they are building now. But the accommodation and grounds are quite satisfactory and clean (which is most important). The furniture is in good shape, and we always appreciate our own place to come home to after a day of touring and visiting.

We don't golf so cannot comment on the golf course that is adjacent to the resort at the Lake Panorama National Golf Course. We also never used the pool -- I am sure it would be great if your were traveling here with kids. There is a restaurant and bar located here as part of the Conference Center (always a plus to have a close dining option). Also did not participate in any "resort activities" but they were available, including an ice cream social, daily morning walks, and some craft projects.

They did offer free WIFI in the activity center room. Of course, we would prefer to have WIFI in our room -- but were pleased we didn't have to travel anywhere to access the internet. We would definately stay here again.

Clover Ridge works out perfectly for us, as far as location and providing a comfortable, clean place to stay.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
7 Thank travel2gether
Caledonia, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2009

This was our second visit to the motel, we have family in Panora and there is relatively no lodging in this rural area. The motel at Lake Panorama is reasonably priced and the size of the double room was more than adequate. The staff is OUTSTANDING!!! This is a small town atmosphere and the check in desk does have limited hours but they will work with you for out of hours arrivals. Everyone on staff bent over backwards to be helpful any time we had questions or needed help with anything. We had no problem with our wireless internet, visiting in off season saved us on our rate but the summer rate was only about $10 - $20 more per night, very reasonable.

The room has an iron, ironing board, coffee maker, and hair dryer (I forgot mine!!!). The basket of bathroom toiletries was the best I've ever seen, the shampoo, conditioner, and hand lotion are triple the size I've seen anywhere else and had a pleasant smell, not drying to hands.

We ate at the restaurant two nights on this visit, the cook is wonderful, we had more food than we could possibly eat and both meals were delicious and very reasonably priced as well. My husband recommends the Pork Tenderloin sandwich!

The purpose of the visit to Iowa was unfornuately for a family funeral. The resort hosted a sandwich/salad luncheon for the family while we were there and the selection was very good, the food was all fresh and plentiful. The serving staff kept the glasses full and it was a group of about 50, it was a very nice lunch.

As I stated, this was our second visit, we stayed here a few years ago back for my husbands 20 year high school reunion, they hosted the dinner that visit as well and it was very good that visit too.

The first visit we were in a motel room that faced the golf course, which was nice. The second visit we were on the opposite side of the motel, and the townhouses are right across the street. If you have a large group, I'd recommend the townhouse, I have not seen them but if they are anything like the motel rooms, I'm sure they are well worth the extra price.

I highly recommend this motel to anyone needing accomodations in the Panora/Lake Panorama area!

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Jenyart888
St. Louis, MO
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2008

We stayed in two rooms at the motel in this complex while attending a birthday party at Lake Panorama. We checked in around 7 p.m. and it was a little strange as there was no one at the desk. The golf pro handed us our keys without us filling out any paper work. (We did have reservations, though.) We drove around to the small motel, and while the room keys would fit in the lock and turn, the doors would not open. I drove back to the check-in area and had to wait for someone to show up (still no one at the desk.) Someone from catering finally asked someone from the kitchen, who told me that the doors facing the parking lot are dead-bolted. You have to go around the building and enter a side door to find the interior door to your room. Good piece of information to know... Back to the motel, and we found the rooms to be large, though the two double beds in each looked more 3/4 size than double. The accommodations were adequate, and they do have a coffee maker and iron in each room. It was fairly quiet for being at capacity, except for the idiots running down the hall screaming at 2:30 in the morning. We did not eat there, so I can't comment on the food. Lake Panorama is quite lovely, and it is a short walk to the public beach area from the motel. When we checked out the next morning, there was someone at the desk to take care of it for us. We paid $79 for each night due to it being summer, but this seems a bit high for the quality of service and room we received. I would stay here again if I had to, but I would try to book someplace else first.

3 Thank Kim W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Panora
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Stuart
Hotel Pattee
Hotel Pattee
#1 of 2 in Perry
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites- Stuart

Been to Lake Panorama National Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!