“I've had better”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
Madison, Wisconsin
“I've had better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2014 via mobile

Went in for dinner on Labor Day. A few folks were sitting outside, but inside was almost deserted. We sat inside. It took a few minutes for the bartender and one of the waitresses to even look up at us when we walked in. Finally got seated. Waitress took a few more minutes to come take our orders. My wife ordered chicken and mashed potatoes along with a side salad. She said the salad was a little limp, chicken may have been a bit overcooked but she liked the BBQ sauce on it, and the potatoes were average. I had the fried cod sandwich with fries. The cod was a large piece but overcooked to the point of being VERY crunchy. The fries were good. The waitress was very cheerful and friendly, despite being a bit slow. Prices were a little high, considering the food portions and quality. To be brief, neither my wife nor I are eager to return.

Visited September 2014

The Dalles, Oregon
“Not worth a Visit”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

There was a new limited menu that didn't have a lot of choices. My salad was wilted and had clearly been sitting out. The Steak Sandwich I ordered was just a tough piece of sirloin with a side of Texas Toast--there wasn't even a garnish on the plate. Any short order cook could do better.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Diane W
Lees Summit
“Thought it would be nice, romantic; was not so much”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

We visited the Port while on a baby moon. We thought it would be romantic to overlook the lake and have a nice meal.

Upon arriving we were quickly seated (after walking past a derelict salad bar). We had a nice view but the basketball game was on all around and the volume was loud. We had a look at the menu, gave each other a sideways look, and headed for the door.

The view is nice but the ambiance left much to be desired.

• Visited March 2014
Omaha, Nebraska
“Great Location, Good Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

I went on a weeknight during the offseason. The location is excellent--a beautiful spot on the lake. The restaurant is big and bright, with a broad menu. The seafood was so-so, but the steaks excellent. The salad bar was not open due to off season timing, but I understand it is excellent. Drink and wine prices were fair, food a little high. Service was friendly. Pretty good choice.

Visited November 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Good food -outstanding view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

We had an early evening dinner so we could enjoy the sunset . The view is spectacular and the service was very good. We both had the steak entre and enjoyed it very much. This is definitely the best restaurant in this rural area .

• Visited September 2013