“A consistent winner”

Royal Amsterdam Hotel
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Pella
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I travel a great deal for business. My expectations for any hotel property are fairly simple - I want a friendly, attentive staff, a clean room, consistent wifi, and as hassle-free an experience as possible. I have visited Pella, Iowa on business on average 3-10 visits a year for the past 13 years, and the Royal Amsterdam is my hands-down hotel choice. The staff is fantastic and go out of their way to serve me. I even had an unfortunate incident a few years back where I came down with the flu upon arrival and the staff catered to my every need while I recovered. The rooms are always clean and comfortable. They offer a very nice complimentary breakfast and have the best bar and restaurant in the city. Lastly, their location in the center of the city can't be beat. I highly recommend.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 23 September 2013

This is the best hotel in Marion County Iowa. Nice clean rooms. Staff is very helpful. Great location in downtown with many restaurants and great shopping. Royal Amsterdam Hotel has an excellent restaurant and bar on main floor.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Overall one of the best affordable places I have stayed. And don't forget the continental breakfast. Bonus!! The atmosphere was very delightful. It is right in the heart of downtown and close to all the shops and historical places. Walking distance anywhere. Also, they have a very convenient heated parking garage so its very accessible with an elevator straight to your floors. And don't forget the 5star restaurant on the main floor 'Monarchs'. It has fabulous food with a casual bar. Everything is located without even having to go outside. Definitely worth a stay at this place.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I was in town for a week on company business and could not have been happier with the accommodations. The location is perfect as it is located in the center of Pella...a short walk to most shops and restaurants the town has to offer. Front desk went out of their way to help with my requests and knowledgable of the area. Good quick breakfast options available every morning, complete with pastries from the world-famous Jaarsma's Bakery. Rooms were cleaned maticulously on a daily basis.

Wouldn't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 September 2013

We have stayed at the Royal Amsterdam Hotel many times over the past 3 years when we have visited family in Pella Iowa. We have thoroughly enjoyed our stays. The rooms are comfortable and the complimentary continental breakfasts are quite wonderful. The staff is most accommodating and helpful. We really feel like we experience a touch of Europe when we are there. This Hotel is right in Downtown Pella so it is easy to walk most everywhere.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 September 2013

The parking situation is very inconvenient when trying to check into this hotel. If there is no place to pull up on the street outside you are out of luck and have to circle the block and wait or risk getting your car towed in the underground garage if you park in the wrong place. The room decor is very outdated and the rooms are dark with hardly any windows. Our room was never cleaned nor were our beds made, etc. by the cleaning staff. They skipped our room and said the DND sign was on the whole time and left just after 1pm. This excuse was bogus because we left the room for the day just after 10am, and had been down for breakfast prior to that. We reported the incident and instead of doing something proactively on her own the manager asked me "What would you like me to do?" Really? What do you think? We need fresh towels at a minimum. Which she did eventually bring us. The breakfast is very basic and the cereal was never replenished from one morning to the next. There were a lot of unhealthy pastries and few nutritious items to choose from. The coffee was awful. Coupled with the fact that this town closes up very early and has nothing going on in terms of restaurants or entertainment we will not be returning to this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013
6  Thank L S
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I was in Pella for a short time but always try to stay at the Royal Amsterdam. The rooms are clean and the service is always efficient and friendly. The General Manager went out of her way to accomodate our special requested room and all our needs were met. Location is great so we never needed to drive for days! Would recommend to all in MO!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the canal and you won't be disappointed!